1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. PHUN.ORG WILL BE TRANSFERRING TO A NEW HOSTER DURING THE NEXT 7 DAYS, AND SOME DISTURBANCE MAY BE EXPERIENCED. WE'LL KEEP YOU INFORMED AS DETAILS EMERGE.
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

vbulletin - update - in the making, hopefully.

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by TheRiver, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Big Bamboo!

Big Bamboo! Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun HERO

Been trying to post this reply keeps coming up with this 25 sec lock out thing even when I wait a couple of mins...

[​IMG]

2. X-Spectre

X-Spectre Veni, Vidi, Veni

Pretty slow on my end boss and it used (pre host change) to be VERY fast. Even with the new host it was faster with the 'old' vBulletin it seems to me.

3. Ramsfan

Ramsfan Hurdy Gurdy Man ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

It seems to be working better at the moment. Not all of the smilies work though. :ponder:

4. Ramsfan

When I search for what I have posted so far some of my posts don't show up in my profile.

5. Big Bamboo!

Awful just awful .... Multiple posts, Not allowing you to post, 25 second wait thing when I haven't tried to post, Missing posts...
    Looks bad and very slooooooow sloooooooow slooooow! No thanks button so some posts are getting spamed with constant "Thanks" and the search is all over the place, Been locked out twice... Not good.... :(

6. Big Bamboo!

Awful just awful .... Multiple posts, Not allowing you to post, 25 second wait thing when I haven't tried to post, Missing posts...
    Looks bad and very slooooooow sloooooooow slooooow! No thanks button so some posts are getting spamed with constant "Thanks" and the search is all over the place, Been locked out twice... Not good.... :(

7. TheOne

TheOne The President ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

a bit annoying that I can't write the text in quick reply, and then press TAB to go to post quick reply button, hit Enter and it's posted..

8. TheOne

TheOne The President ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

also I can't understand what the autosave feature is all about, it's in the way of the next post

9. Big Bamboo!

Running a lot better now guys.... Thanks for all your hard work... :tup:

Flippy and Lirva_Engival like this.
  10. Lirva_Engival

Lirva_Engival .

same here...

11. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

I like how when you thank someone, your post count color shows

12. mokkoriman

mokkoriman Cunninglinguist ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Forum seems much more stable right now, and the thanks button is working, mostly! I did encounter a bug with the Thanks button - if you press the Thanks button twice quickly, you get this message:

"$bbuserinfo[username], we're sorry but the thread you requested doesn't exist anymore. This could be due to one of several reasons..."

No biggie, just figured I'd bring it up.

Oh and one suggestion with the search function - when you hit the "Advanced Search" function, I think it should automatically default to the "Search Single Content Type" search page rather than the "Search Multiple Content Types" search page that it currently goes to now. Otherwise, Search seems to be working pretty well now - hopefully there are less posting bugs in the next couple of days. :fingersx:

Kaleidoscope and fontaine0304 like this.
  13. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

Auto-save is a pain in the ass

couger81 likes this.
  14. Ramsfan

Yep, I think that is cool. When I thank someone it seems much faster now, whereas before it took awhile for my user name to appear in the list of posters who thanked the poster who posted the content or comment. Plus also my thanks count is back too. :arms:

pedrosaD likes this.
  15. couger81

couger81

The new layout is faster than the old forum but the thanks button takes about 30 seconds to work and also putting a last button on each thread on the main page would be a great help. :)

16. vilecomfort

vilecomfort Kill 'Em All!

With the new Thanks button, i am having a HUGE delay in the stupid page entirely reloading to show my entry in the Thanks box. I miss the days where it instantly appeared with no fuss.... and i REALLY WISH i knew how to get back to that!!

17. spiderswims

spiderswims I'm too old for this shit ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Gayest Member Phun Award Holder

I'm having zero problems at the moment.

18. vilecomfort

vilecomfort Kill 'Em All!

Just a complaint, not necessarily about this new vbulletin nonsense, but... i just noticed.... replying to a thread and having it pop up on the thread is instantaneous for me. But clicking the Thanks button requires a full page refresh? How does this even make sense?? I assume this has to be on my pc's end, because others on this board don't have this problem. I dont get it...

ItsLunchBOX likes this.
  19. Tarkus

Tarkus

Thanks for adding the Thanks button! Now I'm hoping you can return the ability to view single messages in a page...

20. robo99

robo99 passing thru ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

will the THANKS button be activated in SEXY VIDEOS?

or do I need to activate in in my settings to appear in my SV posts?

thank you