1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. PHUN.ORG WILL BE TRANSFERRING TO A NEW HOSTER DURING THE NEXT 7 DAYS, AND SOME DISTURBANCE MAY BE EXPERIENCED. WE'LL KEEP YOU INFORMED AS DETAILS EMERGE.
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

vbulletin - update - in the making, hopefully.

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by TheRiver, Sep 30, 2011.

1. mokkoriman

mokkoriman Cunninglinguist ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

A few timeout errors an hour ago, seems to be back up to normal average speed now.

EDIT UPDATE: Ok, as I was posting the above ^^^ message, I get the "This forum requires that you wait 25 seconds between posts. Please try again in 25 seconds."

I got this message even though I have yet to post today. :scratchchin:

2. mokkoriman

A few timeout errors an hour ago, seems to be back up to normal average speed now.

EDIT UPDATE: Ok, as I was posting the above ^^^ message, I get the "This forum requires that you wait 25 seconds between posts. Please try again in 25 seconds."

I got this message even though I have yet to post today. :scratchchin:

ADDED EDIT UPDATE: Ooook... now as I was editing this update, waiting for the "25 second timer" i get an error message about some unknown object on line 58 and that this post is a duplicate post. Not complaining, just bug reporting.

3. mokkoriman

I got this message even though I have yet to post today.

ADDED EDIT UPDATE: Ooook... now as I was editing this update, waiting for the "25 second timer" i get an error message about some unknown object on line 58 and that this post is a duplicate post. Not complaining, just bug reporting.

FINAL ADDED EDIT UPDATE: OOOOOOkkkk... it appears I'm duplicating my posts through those error messages... also, my replies aren't appearing right away, but they are getting updated in the front page.

Anyways, mods if I'm duplicating posts, please delete all my previous replies and just keep this one. I think I'll hold off posting for a couple of days. ;)

4. PbloggerKing

PbloggerKing !*The One*!

I dont care about the design.The search is the most important thing!!!

5. JDoeson69

JDoeson69 Phun's Faux-Canadian Ten Years of Phun

I know the mods can't do anything about it, but Cayne and whoever else did the upgrade should have done it differently:

a) They should have TOLD members there was an upgrade planned, expect change. Not just "oh, guys....yeah, we upgraded the forum. Some stuff is now broken."

b) Once all the bugs are flushed out, there should be an option to change back to the old view, on an individual basis. This IS possible: MANY forums have an option to switch templates on the user's end, and I think Cayne should try to implement this: If people like the new skin, let them keep it. If they want the old skin, include a setting where they can change it from their control panel. That way everyone can be pleased.

c) I realize THIS forum couldn't be updated "offline," but could a separate forum have been temporarily made as a sandbox/testbed? Register a one-month domain or something and test it that way? :2cent:

6. JDoeson69

I know the mods can't do anything about it, but Cayne and whoever else did the upgrade should have done it differently:

a) They should have TOLD members there was an upgrade planned, expect change. Not just "oh, guys....yeah, we upgraded the forum. Some stuff is now broken."

b) Once all the bugs are flushed out, there should be an option to change back to the old view, on an individual basis. This IS possible: MANY forums have an option to switch templates on the user's end, and I think Cayne should try to implement this: If people like the new skin, let them keep it. If they want the old skin, include a setting where they can change it from their control panel. That way everyone can be pleased.

c) I realize THIS forum couldn't be updated "offline," but could a separate forum have been temporarily made as a sandbox/testbed? Register a one-month domain or something and test it that way? :2cent:

7. JDoeson69

I know the mods can't do anything about it now, but Cayne and whoever else did the upgrade should have done it differently:

8. robo99

robo99 passing thru ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I cannot express in words how disappointed I am in the look of the new forum.

Hideous.

Ghastly.

Atrocious.

Plain.

Ordinary.

And the last and absolute worst, conforming.

Conforming: all and everything has been tamed for profit.

It simply brings tears to my eyes...

9. JDoeson69

Also....MUCH slower here :'(

10. JDoeson69

Also....MUCH slower here :'(

11. Tarkus

Tarkus

I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up yet. All my email notifications are linking me to the first post in each thread, instead of the first new post in each thread. That really, really sucks.

12. apels1nen

apels1nen Grande

Lmfao, thanks for that! I didn't even know you could see that in the first place.

13. apels1nen

apels1nen Grande

Lmfao, thanks for that! I didn't even know you could see that in the first place.

14. A.tab

A.tab It was the best of times, ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun Movers & Shakers Power Poster

Magge you can't be older than me and you can imagine what i am going through
    right after the me other recent 'trauma'///

15. Herb Tarlek

Herb Tarlek The 'H' is Silent

It seems a lot slower to me, since anytime I've made a reply to a thread it seems to time out before I have to refresh the page. Could be an Internet Explorer issue since I've recently been informed that I am only one of two people left on the planet who are still using that OS. :tongue:

16. wookiee

wookiee Dirty Old Fart ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

One further note. as of now I am having problems posting in any the threads. If there are posts of mine (like double posts) in any thread could some one let me know, cause I can't see any of them. :(

17. Big Bamboo!

Big Bamboo! Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun HERO

Still slow for me Cayne but I trust you will sort all the issues... I have not been around much since the change because I just don't like it and missing the thanks button, because now all the posts a getting spammed with a million "Thanks"...
    Anyhoo! I will get back to "Lurkin" Not something I'm comfortable with.. :lol: and trust you guys will sort it... All the best BB! :tup:

18. Big Bamboo!

Still slow for me Cayne but I trust you will sort all the issues. I have not been around much since the change because I just don't like it and missing the thanks button, because now all the posts a getting spammed with a million "Thanks".
    Anyhoo! I will get back to "Lurkin" Not something I'm comfortable with.. :lol: and trust you guys will sort it... All the best BB! :tup:

19. bull_shit

bull_shit

We know searching forum is currently disabled. I find a way that we could search forum through Google. I have search post, topic & tags. And also find results.
    These searches are limited because Google shows normally 2 or 3 pages from PHUN. But it is enough to search a post that method can decrease re-post too. but i am still worried about that may be we could go wrong . i will advise to all new up-loaders if you find a little thing during searches which is relate to your video. try to avoid it may be somebody posted it before you. In this time we must be connect with each other and every member of forum phun. Please follow those person how are taking advantage of this problem. be aware and informed our moderators that no.body miss.use this situation.

thanks

20. Big Bamboo!

Still slow for me Cayne but I trust you will sort all the issues... I have not been around much since the change because I just don't like it and missing the thanks button, because now all the posts a getting spammed with a million "Thanks"