1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. PHUN.ORG WILL BE TRANSFERRING TO A NEW HOSTER DURING THE NEXT 7 DAYS, AND SOME DISTURBANCE MAY BE EXPERIENCED. WE'LL KEEP YOU INFORMED AS DETAILS EMERGE.
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

vbulletin - update - in the making, hopefully.

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by TheRiver, Sep 30, 2011.

1. TheOne

TheOne The President ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

I don't like the large icons, and the text needs to be more readable (larger)

[​IMG]

I think I could adjust to most new things though.. but I'm sure I'll find stuff that I can't tolerate though.

2. TheOne

yeah, and the pagenumber count looks a bit unorganized

[​IMG]

3. Salty Longshanks

Salty Longshanks Using my third arm

:lol:

[​IMG]

4. spiderswims

spiderswims I'm too old for this shit ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Gayest Member Phun Award Holder

There's not enough bitching in this thread. :razz:

5. TheOne

I hate Salty

6. TheOne

was the above post enough?

7. Salty Longshanks

I hate you too snookums. :kiss: :naughty:

Give it some time gents. We'll get shit squared away. ;)

8. TheOne

:hug:

yeah I know, just felt like stating the obvious

another thing, that might be forgotten though, if it's possible to do... When opening a new private message, is it possible for the Quick Reply to have the above message already quoted in it? without having to click the "Reply to Private Message" button

9. Salty Longshanks

Details my good man. Let's get the important/imperative shit taken care of, and then we'll chip away at the "punch list". :beerchug:

10. startbreakinbrickswetnips

startbreakinbrickswetnips

So you guys are calling this an upgrade? Funny.

11. Stevenson214

Stevenson214 Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

thanks!

12. Stevenson214

Stevenson214 Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

I agree. Lame "I agree" posts are lame.

13. Salty Longshanks

The same can be said for your contributions (or lack thereof) to the board. Until you offer up something of value/worth, keep the derogatory shit to yourself. This isn't the time, nor the thread for it.

14. RAMistheMAN

RAMistheMAN ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

As long as I know the thanks button is making a return eventually, I'm happy.

15. jag-lover

jag-lover

I like it. You managed to kill jasmin. Excellent.

16. pedrosaD

pedrosaD

she will come(i think), she is there for a reason :)

17. jake101

jake101 Posting Just for Phun!

I have seen other VBulletin forums give you a choice of different views like "Classic", new or even custom, that would be pretty cool.
    Whatever the changes, I'm sure Mr. Cayne and the crew will do a fine job here as always!

BTW.......I like to see how many times I'm Thanked also.

18. mokkoriman

mokkoriman Cunninglinguist ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ah... that explains why I couldn't access Phun for a brief bit - well, I could access it, but it went to a blank page.

Assuming that this upgrade will increase stability and access speed (because that's what an upgrade is supposed to do ;) ), are there any other advantages to this upgrade that we may look forward to? I mean, I know an "anti-cashwhore" feature is out of the question - just curious if there are any other extra features the upgrade will allow.

19. Salty Longshanks

Remember how it was when you explored the bodkin of the hen with whom you first laid pipe mokk? :naughty:

Look at it like that. There are certain things that are all in the right place/right where you expect them to be, and there are other things/places that require closer attention, and you only get a moan/positive response after exploring/rubbing the aforementioned places in the proper fashion, and then there are those places yet to be explored. :naughty:

With the exception of the basics, and the controls, we're going to be learning what's available right along with you guys. There are many add-ons available, and if worthy/requested they'll be implemented in time. Hopefully, the ones we had in place with the prior version are compatible with this version as well. If that's the case, we'll get them back to you guys as soon as we can.

I apologize for the fact that you got my response with this mokk. It's by no means directed singularly at you my friend. :beerchug:

We're aware of the fact that some things are fucked up, and you guys need to give us time to get shit taken care of. Rome wasn't built in a day, and phun's upgrade won't be completed in a day either. The minor shit will wait until the major issues we're dealing with are reconciled. ;)

20. EMac40

EMac40 ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Ok, so: Upgrade in progress. Temporarily set to default layout. Some functions (like search) not yet working as expected, and other add-ons (like thanks) not yet implemented.

No problem. AFL Grand Final on today anyway, and my team, Collingwood, is playing - so no time for phun. Just make sure everything's back in working order by the end of today :wink:.