1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

The NEW 2001pm - Phun Random Chat Thread!

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame' started by 2001pm, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merlin

Merlin Feelin' Frankensteinish... Staff Member SENIOR MODERATOR ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun Award Holder Lounge Lizard

Mine should be fine. Most run in the centermost areas of the crawlspace. The only section that really concerns me is about 2' that comes from the ground into the house. It has heat tape on it. Plus the crawlspace is is running about 52F right now.

1 person likes this.
  2. Thore

Thore Thunder Dude ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun's Chester Cheetah

Back....doggies have full tummies and are play tag in the back yard. :lol:

3. Thore

:tup: Sounds like a good design and construction job! ;)

1 person likes this.
  4. Thore

PM, do you get the NBC Sports Network? If so, you can get your hockey team game tonight...

5. Merlin

Merlin Feelin' Frankensteinish... Staff Member SENIOR MODERATOR ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun Award Holder Lounge Lizard

Did a bit of fire, smoke, and water restoration. I learned a few things and incorporated them into this build. ;)

6. Thore

I designed this house with minimal maintenance in mind.....did a pretty good job, but could have done better.....live and learn! :lol:

7. Thore

I cannot believe that I have gone thru the pile of wood I had for this winter.....:?

8. Merlin

I saw a lot of "little" things that could have been done either different or better. Incorporated what was practical and affordable. Hindsight can be a pain in the arse!

9. Thore

Indeed!

1 person likes this.
  10. Thore

I think affordable is the key word.....I could have spent another $50K on this house and would have recovered that investment by now, but just could not afford it at the time.

11. Thore

I am going to miss my wood stove the rest of this winter.....my family room is soo warm and comfy right now with no furnace running. :?

12. Merlin

In hindsight, I would have spent more on the lot itself. The driveway is an abomination! Oh well.

13. Merlin

We have a small Franklin wood stove in the living room. Haven't really needed to use it. (Plus it puts the wife on edge when I do, particularly at night.) Gonna fire it up while watching the game tonight! Much cheaper than the Central unit!

14. 2001pm

2001pm 2+2 is on my mind...

The apartments in my complex don't do well around fire. :?

15. Thore

I have probably saved upwards of $500 this winter so far with my stove, plus, the house is more comfortable as I generally have the programmable thermostats set a little on the low side.

16. 2001pm

2001pm 2+2 is on my mind...

I set my thermostat to 70-71 F during the winter.

17. Thore

A wood stove is so much more controllable than a fireplace, plus much more efficient....if it get a little hot, just reduce or stop the incoming air. I feel much more at ease with the stove versus the fireplace.

18. Merlin

Hell, I'd say not!!! ;)

Hasn't been really cold enough yet for me to convince the wife to fire it up. She is on board for the next couple of days though! :dance:

19. Thore

In general, mine are set to 65 during the day and 60 at night. The vent to my room is shut as I always have the windows open at night and during the day I get sufficient heat just by leaving the door open.

20. Merlin

My wife would shit!!!!

I have 72F in here now. I'm comfortable but she is still grumbling. When do the hot flashes arrive? Just sayin'??? :dunno:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.