1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. PHUN.ORG WILL BE TRANSFERRING TO A NEW HOSTER DURING THE NEXT 7 DAYS, AND SOME DISTURBANCE MAY BE EXPERIENCED. WE'LL KEEP YOU INFORMED AS DETAILS EMERGE.
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

The Celebrity X-Ray Thread

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by ericjlars, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Terrapin

Terrapin

ECW's got it pretty much right-I find that with a lot of these you naturally get a lot more details if you can get the shirt closer to a skin color, meaning playing with red, green and blue in levels and then fine tuning it in color balance. As you do that, the shirt will generally change colors on you and by the time you get to the most optimum result, not only is it NOT skin color anymore, but it's nowhere near the original color either. Obviously we don't care what color the shirt is, as that's not what we're here for anyway.

Also, with the balance control, once you've got the shirt color moved some, you can actually use red and green to brighten the skin color under the shirt and get some real separation-in some cases anyway. And you can use the exposure command to further enhance the effect as well as the shadow/highlight feature. If you use all of them you'll start getting a result that looks almost like a photo, depending on what the original was like.

And I don't know where this craziness about never using the burn/dodge came from. A little bit of it here and there at the end goes a long way. All you're doing is bringing out what's already there. If you overdo it it's obvious, and it's REALLY obvious and lame when you use it to try to draw something in that isn't there at all. But I see no problem when it's used to bring out things that are already there. Hell, go back to ECW's first post-he talked about how to use it correctly.

No matter how you cut it, black is usually harder than it looks, white is almost impossible if it's lighted directly from the top, and red can be an issue too. Orange is a nightmare. This doesn't mean you won't get results, they just won't be as good as some of the stuff that's near see thru already. You can use the curves command to get a quick look at the original underneath and see if the sunject is taped (that happens a LOT) and therefore a waste of your time.

Hope that helps. Patience has a lot to do with it. And the right original-I must pitch 20 for every one that works even a little bit.

Terrapin

lusonico likes this.
  2. Terrapin

Terrapin

and for your enjoyment

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Terrapin

DrGontzo and lusonico like this.
  3. Terrapin

Terrapin

And a few more

Notice the first Avril pic-on the original there's some kind of shadow falling across her chest, maybe even from her arm, causing the colors to be different in that area-and that's what made this one work to the small extent it did-I have another in the same shirt and without the shadow, it worthless. Also, note that most of these Avril pics are all grainy from multiple passes with the light/dark and exposure and contrast controls. That's because of black shirts. If it wasn't Avril, I probably wouldn't have bothered, but we don't get very many of her that will work even a little.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Terrapin

lusonico likes this.
  4. cooldude6

cooldude6

I realize this is kinda a hassle but I was wondering if one of the masters could help guys like me out. I've been adjusting images of celebs for awhile now probably almost 2 years. I used to use curves and only curves to do stuff. It was really sloppy but kinda filled me in on hot chicks that don't show much. Now this x-ray thing is around and it's completely changed my perspective on things.

There's this program called "Desktop Screen Record 5". It's a program designed to record what happens on your desktop for making video demos and tutorials. It's a 30 day evaluation so should be free for a month and I was wondering if one of you guys that has this down could maybe do one you've already posted as like a "see how I did it" tutorial with this. Then maybe you could up it to Rapidshare for us amateurs lookin to help out with the thread?

Consider it fellas, I myself would be very greatful.

The link at download.com http://www.download.com/Desktop-Screen-Record/3000-2194_4-10474526.html?tag=lst-0-1

lusonico likes this.
  5. cooldude6

cooldude6

Here are 3 pics that hopefully will have some decent x-ray results. Thought I'd put in a couple while I'm still working on my x-ray skills. The Beyonce one she is wearing tape but I was wondering if a master could give it a shot cause it looks hot anyways.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

lusonico likes this.
  6. cooldude6

cooldude6

This one has me baffled. I can't tell if Miss Spears is wearing panties or not. It looks like at minimum it's a great camel toe. Check it out guys.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

lusonico likes this.
  7. twitslueth

twitslueth

Probably not the little slut

lusonico likes this.
  8. Terrapin

Terrapin

yeah, she is

[​IMG]

Terrapin

lusonico likes this.
  9. Terrapin

Terrapin

There are not many of these around-I can't tell you how many pix of Cuthbert I hve worked on and pitched. I only know of one other that works at all.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Terrapin

lusonico likes this.
  10. EvilCorporateWhore

EvilCorporateWhore BANNED

took a half ass shot at that beyonce one... i lost some interest because she's got some sort of tape over her nipples. freakin' prude. lol

[​IMG] [​IMG]

lusonico likes this.
  11. MrNoshot

MrNoshot

Sorry if one of the Debra Messing pics has been done... 8)

.:::Carrie Anne Moss::::........::::::::::::::::::Debra Messing:::::::::::::::::.....

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

lusonico likes this.
  12. celticdunker

celticdunker

somebody do these pics please

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

lusonico likes this.
  13. xplores

xplores

this thread still owesome.. :D

lusonico likes this.
  14. ImLazY

ImLazY

awesome

lusonico likes this.
  15. MrNoshot

MrNoshot

I tried one - TV sources are usually a bit harder to do...lower res

:::::Brittany Murphy::::::

[​IMG]

lusonico likes this.
  16. TNP

TNP

Thanks for working on the Heidi images Scrappydez. It's nice to see as much of The Body's (ver 2.0) body as possible. I appreciate you taking the time to do these.

lusonico likes this.
  17. shrimpeh

shrimpeh

great work thats amazing :D

lusonico likes this.
  18. Nightly

Nightly

She probably knows about phun.org and all of us muahahahaha!

lusonico likes this.
  19. EvilCorporateWhore

EvilCorporateWhore BANNED

shit... they're on to us!

the word has spread through out Hollywood. i'm pretty sure this is how the conversation went...

"Beyonce, you gonna wear dat shit tonight?"

"Yes i am. What's the problem - too slutty?"

"Girl, you want those bitches at Phun to get their hands on your sheer tittays?!?"

"Oh shit son! You're right... what the hell was i thinking - pass me that roll of tape."

dammit. death by popularity. :twisted:

Clint80 and lusonico like this.
  20. twitslueth

twitslueth

I agree I do lots of them with nothing what so ever. I tip i can give is just try a sample area first too see if you can get anything, if you can go back and be neat with the cut out. Saves me lots of time.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

lusonico likes this.