1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. PHUN.ORG WILL BE TRANSFERRING TO A NEW HOSTER DURING THE NEXT 7 DAYS, AND SOME DISTURBANCE MAY BE EXPERIENCED. WE'LL KEEP YOU INFORMED AS DETAILS EMERGE.
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

The Celebrity X-Ray Thread

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by ericjlars, Jun 29, 2006.

1. x-caliber0069

x-caliber0069

here's 2 for you guys today. enjoy

Miranda Kerr
    [​IMG]

"Stacy's Mom" = Rachel Hunter
    [​IMG]

DrGontzo, Randy_Mann, BiggsNY and 3 others like this.
  2. locandsoc

locandsoc

im not dissing anymore c-through

keepin quiet here:-|

RDS likes this.
  3. Terrapin

Terrapin

Not the greatest, but it's Kristen Bell.

[​IMG]

Terrapin

4. c-through

c-through I see naked people! ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

Nope - too little too late. This is what keeps happening when the trolls start pushing and it's allowed to continue. It seems I'm fighting a losing battle to try and keep it as real as possible in here, and now even some of the senior members & (ex)mods of the board are taking a shit on my efforts. Between this, and people outright stealing our stuff from here to post on a pay site, it just makes me ask myself why bother? I like Phun, but don't think I can continue posting here for the reasons stated. When most moderators take an almost completely hands-off approach, things tend to run a little wild, and I won't live like that. I've been doing my best to try and do what mods usually do (remind users of the rules, point out wrongs, show them how to find posts, etc) just to make this a better place, all without the powers of a mod and I'm just tired of constantly having to repeat myself just to get shit on. Also, too many people that don't know what makes up a good X-ray enhancement instinctively seem to KNOW that a pic will be good, and have no understanding of the process, that combined with this reccent flood of LQ request just put me over the edge after having gone through the same thing in the amateur thread. A little "thanks" goes a along way too - if you like what you see, just hit the button to let the people taking the time to post that you appreciate the many hours they are spending on their hobby, and are sharing it with the world.

While I may post again, I highly doubt it'll be in the current Celeb X-ray thread. For those that appreciate my work and efforts, I thank you. I also would like to thank the many people that can post properly, follow the simple rules, and aren't offended by my sometimes harsh criticism when it comes to someone just phoning in an X-ray, or just blatently making shit up. Sorry, but I call them as I see them, and know what it takes to get results out of a pic. If anyone wants to call out one of my pics, I was always happy to provide whatever proof I had to defend my images. Please don't be mad at my decision, but you can thank all the idiots out there for piling on - they have become to numerous and vocal to ignore.

I'm out...

Intbn, lusonico, bigtaco and 5 others like this.
  5. mrramone

mrramone

Meagan Good

Is there any hope for this???
    [​IMG]

readabk likes this.
  6. Terrapin

Terrapin

Well, my 1st thoughts are that you're letting a lot of little stuff bug you. For starters, I know we don't want the threads getting out of hand, but hey, it's the internet-it's always a little unruly. Some folks just aren't going to pay attention to rules, and depending on how disturbing and distracting it gets to be maybe they get banned, maybe you just put up with or better yet ignore them. You can't just ban somene for being ignorant, or too lazy to read the rules, or just plain over the top. That stuff needs to just slide-you'll make yourself crazy-and as soon as one guy gets straight another shows up. Mods aren't going to delete posts and constantly rag on the rules unless someone really gets out of hand and they need to crack down for a while.

We have a whole raft of new contributors here recently-some of them really good and some not, and some just mailing it in or goofing around. I always figured that everyone who wants to post should, and we shouldn't be cracking on each others work. I know you taught most of these people how to do this-God knows how you found the time to do all that-and everyone appreciates it, but my thinking was always that we all know what we're looking at, everyone isn't a master at this, and if someone is just jacking around we'll all know that and ignore them if nothing else. By the by I think the regulars have all been pretty good at identifying the good ones and ignoring the lame ones. The good ones get encouraged and keep it up and get better. Those who don't fade away. That's as it should be. You can't fix the ones who don't care enough to get good at it, no matter how hard you try. Ultimately people just get pissed off and go out of their way to get on your nerves. It's really best to just let that go.

As for props, I can't see your point-you earned and got mad props on a very consistent basis from everyone (except a small handfull of trolls). I think the crowd here is actually really generous about that.

I wish you'd think again-you're insanely good at this. But some of the stuff that's bothering you really is just normal internet shit. It's a LOT better here than it is elsewhere-The mods here are good at killing the trolls and flame artists, and I think they actually strike a pretty good balance between keeping order and letting the talk flow. This thread's a little different as you'd really like more attempts and less chat. On which note I'm going to shut up.

Except to say that while this is pretty tough to do well, and time consuming, in the long run it's not really high art. We're still just a bunch of kids peeking up girls skirts.....

Terrapin

7. x-caliber0069

x-caliber0069

no offense meant but i found this quote very appropriate
    hahahahahahahahah. let it go, c-through. there's always someone out there that you won't get along with. letting it affect you only shows that they've broken you down with their behavior, and do you really want that to be the case? why get angry and show them that they've gotten to you. just my :2cent:

RDS likes this.
  8. sirmartinfrobisher

sirmartinfrobisher

c-through, it's not all shown here but the start of this whole thread was a spat between terrapin and evilcorporatewhore, terrapin got a whole lot of shit thrown at him but stuck with it (no criticism of evilcorporatewhore, he said what he believed), please stick with it just like terrapin did.

9. partyhoppintx

partyhoppintx

I think there has to be a way for everyone to come together and do their part in making this thread a little easier on the hard working people that put in the work here. I think C-Through does amazing work, his work on the Fergie pic a couple of pages back just shows that he is the master at x-raying, therefore deserves all the thanks and consideration we can give. I hope we don't lose his great work because of some idiots that are impossible to control.

nascarfan likes this.
  10. monss

monss

heres some of Eliza Dushku and the last pic is of jennifer-garner!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They look like they could turn out ok!

DrGontzo, johnmark, imk and 4 others like this.
  11. opo

opo

thanks to monss for getting this thread back on track ;)

locandsoc likes this.
  12. opo

opo

I'm still trying to see Avril's nipples :p

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

my attempt (very quick and a bit messy :confused:)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Reno., Lock, readabk and 4 others like this.
  13. Terrapin

Terrapin

And in that spirit

Elisha

[​IMG]

Terrapin

racejeff, bigtaco, KDR and 24 others like this.
  14. JLoveUser

JLoveUser Hopelessly Addicted

superb work! TY

readabk and Terrapin like this.
  15. Clarence Boddicker

Clarence Boddicker 15 Year Member

Terrapin brings the awesomeness yet again!

16. shakestheclown

shakestheclown

Dear C-through, you are much appreciated and respected in my eyes, I don't know if I'm a troll or a leech or just an afficianado(sp?), but whatever, I've enjoyed your hard work for months now with nary a compliment or criticism from my super elongated fingers, maybe I'm a spider?
    My bad dude or dudette. In the real world, I'm an artist. Not paid for my expressions but paid for what others want me to express. It really blows. I think you've accomplished more in the eyes of (thousands?) over the last year than I have in the last 20. So there, take that to the bank, much respect man, or woman, whatever... Maybe a little sabbatical is in order, whatever it takes, I hope you continue to evolve your art and your expression, on your own terms.
    Have you seen the "you suck at photoshop" you-tube videos? Look it up They're classic.
    You might have fun doing something like that, well that's it, I'm going to pass out now.
    Shakestheclown

Cabinet, nascarfan and ihwf_vp like this.
  17. shakestheclown

shakestheclown

Terrapin, your pretty cool too. Keep up the great work.
    Shakestheclown

nascarfan, ihwf_vp and Terrapin like this.
  18. Monkey_Business

Monkey_Business

You should have done Leighton Meester too.

readabk and The69er like this.
  19. x-caliber0069

x-caliber0069

here's kylie bax for you guys. enjoy

[​IMG]

Reno., hemka, Freeza and 2 others like this.
  20. medievil

medievil

WOW, what an asshole...
    I think I agree with C-thru, mods really dropped the ball in this thread..waaaaay to many posting FAKE crap on here running interference for the celebs to deligitimize the ACTUAL X-ray affect that is REAL, IMHO.

C-thru, IMO, simply wanted the thread to stay on topic...(you wanna have Phun, start your own thread about posting FAKES)

99% of the pics c-thru poisted I could replicate myself (Though not as well).. if something is there I could see it usually with simple brightness/contrast changes.

Then you have a bunch of assholes, come in and wihtout knowing a damn thing about it, call c-thru a faker, post garbage and the mods do nothing..
    THAT , IMHO, is the real shame...It's one thing to offer a critique, but what a bunch here do(Again, I think they have an agenda) is not critique, it is bashing