1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

The Attention Deficit Disorder Thread

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame' started by J3scribe, Apr 25, 2008.

?

What is your opinion of this thread?

Poll closed Jan 27, 2012.
  1. This thread rocks!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ADD is awesome!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. My life would be incomplete without it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Scribbles is a fuckin' genius for creating it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Jack is the true master of this thread!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mokkoriman

mokkoriman Cunninglinguist ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Well from what I read, the Megaupload guys got arrested for multiple felonies including copyright infringement and money laundering. No need for new legislation to arrest them for that.

But yeah, it's unlikely that it'll end soon - protracted law process will go for a couple of years before they finally make a plea bargain.

Oh it's definitely big; the actions of all these filehost owners have shown that. Let's keep in mind all these filehosts have not been specifically targeted by any government agency: all their actions of closing their affiliate programs, shutting down accounts and so on are all of their own volition for the fear of being prosecuted, triggered by the shutdown of Megaupload. It's my opinion that most of these filehost companies were created under shady intentions and their actions of "shutting off access" so suddenly pretty much proves that.

But yeah, worth keeping an eye on to see if the pendulum swings too far to the right. :|

2. 5p1d3R

5p1d3R Perfect Pair Hunting ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

My guess that this is in response to the lowered support for the proposed legislation. This is to put a little fear in the filesharers, similar results when the DOJ began legal action against rapidshare and hotfile. Everyone reacts and then the dust settles. Rapidshare started having legal troubles in 2007 which lasted until around 2010. Hotfile's started almost exactly one year ago. I am guessing, just guessing, that the DOJ makes an example of someone every now and then to get a ripple effect. I would wager that there is no more action for a year or more. But I also think that they wanted to flex some muscle in the face of the proposed legislation to show copyright infringers that they have alternative ways of causing havoc.

3. brothergrims

brothergrims gone

i agree

the money laundering thing threw me, but i guess that would go with the racketeering,
    they like to pile charges up to see what sticks. and its harder to beat the real rap when your mired down in a bunch of felonious charges that really have no bearing but are there just for the purpose of making it harder to deal with. old school man, they went old school. LOL

anyway, back to normal jibberish.
    i simply do not want to work anymore tonight and ive still half or so an hour of stuff ot do
    damn that reads like yoda said it...

4. brothergrims

brothergrims gone

agreed
    but if i recall the DOJ did not have the cooperation of the host country when they went after rapid. i could be wrong but i think thats right.
    i think they helped, but it was token at best

and yes, i do suppose they are just trying to shake things up

this isnt in response to that legislation, this has been in the works for a while. the timing would have an impact on the vote, so i can see the two hand in hand, but not as a cause of it loosing support

only becouse they had to get the cooperation of the the host country, so im guessing that takes time.

5. mokkoriman

No... if Yoda said it, it would read more like this:

"Stuff to be done with one half of an hour more,
    but no to work tonight anymore, hrm? ho ho hm! [​IMG]

;)

5p1d3R, brothergrims and Merlin like this.
  6. Merlin

Merlin Feelin' Frankensteinish... Staff Member SENIOR MODERATOR ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun Award Holder Lounge Lizard

Wassup Mokki?!? :wavey:

7. mokkoriman

Yo ho, merls. :hi: How's the chill in your neck of the woods?

8. brothergrims

brothergrims gone

LOL thanks
    and by the way, i do hope im completely wrong and your right
    i will be the first one to say you da man on that.
    and then download shit loads of music.

9. Merlin

Merlin Feelin' Frankensteinish... Staff Member SENIOR MODERATOR ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun Award Holder Lounge Lizard

It's all good Mokki!!!! How ya been?

10. 5p1d3R

I just mean that they probably could have waited a couple of weeks without any damage to their case against Kim Dotcom. The fact that the legislation was scheduled to go to vote tomorrow seems to me to be too much of a coincidence. For sure this has been in the works for a long time, there was a lot of planning to get NZ cooperation. It wouldn't surprise me if the DOJ has a file like that for every filesharer. They just sit on it until the time is ripe.

And money laundering? That is seriously piling it on just because they can.

11. mokkoriman

haha... well if it gets worse, we'll just go back to the old backrooms of IRC chats and get it done that way. ;)

Speaking of music, be back in a moment (PBnJ time). Here's some chill tuneage:

[youtube]5Kis5RHIV3E[/youtube]

12. brothergrims

brothergrims gone

i agree

imagine that guys life, its changed a bit sense last saturday eh?

i hate when the law shows up at teh door to have a "chat"
    i mean if your even having the "chat" youve already got a problem

i hope i never have to chat with police about anything.
    ever.

13. 5p1d3R

Nice! I had mine for lunch :tup:

14. 5p1d3R

I read someplace that they didn't just show up at the door, they flew in on helicopters. He didn't just open the door for a chat either. He locked down his fort and retreated to a safe room. The police had to cut their way in.

15. mokkoriman

[​IMG]

back. ;)

You know, it really sucks that Niner punt returner Kyle Williams (the one that messed up twice last night) is getting death threads. I mean, c'mon now.

16. brothergrims

brothergrims gone

now thats a damn entrance. damn.
    safe room really.. why do i picture tony montana.. say hello to my little friend.

i think thats over the top.
    all i sent him was a thank you card and some candy.
    i thought it was a nice gesture.

17. 5p1d3R

Mok, did you happen to watch the ESPN documentary about Bartman (the guy that reached out of the stands during a Cubs playoff game), Catching Hell?

It isn't really all that surprising. People are crazy about their sports.... it doesn't take much if you are an athlete

18. 5p1d3R

Report also said that there was a sawed off shot gun in the safe room, but he did not have it in his possession when they cracked the safe room.

19. brothergrims

brothergrims gone

i want a safe room
    i want to sit in there and be safe
    from stuff.

that would be neat.

i wonder when he had the house built he told the builder, and oh yea, i know they will be coming for me, so ah.. yea safe room please.

20. 5p1d3R

:rofl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.