1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

The Attention Deficit Disorder Thread

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame' started by J3scribe, Apr 25, 2008.

?

What is your opinion of this thread?

Poll closed Jan 27, 2012.
  1. This thread rocks!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ADD is awesome!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. My life would be incomplete without it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Scribbles is a fuckin' genius for creating it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Jack is the true master of this thread!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

He went to the trouble of going to broadcasting school so you know it's got to be a consideration for his future. I don't know if he's still interested in law enforcement or not.

2. spiderswims

spiderswims I'm too old for this shit ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Gayest Member Phun Award Holder

He'd probably like to keep up his police stuff but I don't think he'd ever be taken seriously enough to actually keep it going.

3. J3scribe

Yeah, urban myths are a whole different ball of wax. In fact they're really not culturally specific. They@e more on a par with "I Know What You Did Last Summer." :lol:

4. Jack Tripper

Jack Tripper I don't know. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Those are Norse Gods I was wondering if there were any myths that were more regional that survived.

All religion is myth....if you read most of the Bible it's all myths....only with Human characters rather than monsters....it's an evolution on age old myths really....people were more knowledgeable at this time they use History rather than their fears of the unknown world.

5. J3scribe

You know, come to think of it, I don't think I've actually ever seen a ball of wax, let alone a kettle of fish. :33:

6. Jack Tripper

Not really....take the myth of Area 51 for example......as interesting as the myth of the Minotaur (not to me, but to some probably).

7. yayboobies

yayboobies ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I read a book about urban myths and found it funny that I'd actually heard many of the stories before, told to me by friends or family. For example the story about the spider in the yucca plant.

J3scribe likes this.
  8. spiderswims

spiderswims I'm too old for this shit ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Gayest Member Phun Award Holder

yayboobies likes this.
  9. yayboobies

yayboobies ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

The Norse gods are the early Germanic gods. What kind of myths do you mean? Something like a Northern German Blair Witch or something?

J3scribe likes this.
  10. Jack Tripper

More like pagan divinities, superstitions etc.

11. yayboobies

yayboobies ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I remember there was this huge rock in a forest in Bavaria, near a farm where my family and I stayed during summer vacations. It had this slightly footprint-shaped indentation on the top, and the farmer's wife told us it was known as the "Devil's footprint" and told us a story how the devil was one day chased through the forest for some reason I don't remember and left this footprint behind. My brother and I used to climb around on that rock and it freaked us out!

Jack Tripper and J3scribe like this.
  12. J3scribe

I know I'd hate to see that big motherfucker coming at me with a set of handcuffs! :lol:
    Norse mythology predates the polical entity known as Germany. ;)

If you believe that you underrstand nothing about the true purpose of religios texts, which weren't meant to be religious in the first place.
    Area 51 isn't a myth, it's conjecture.

13. spiderswims

14. yayboobies

yayboobies ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Oh, wait. I just remembered something else. There is a range of mountains in mid-Germany called Harz. One of those mountains, the Brocken (or Blocksberg) is known as a meeting point for witches. There's still some sort of witch festival going on every year on Walpurgis Night (I think it's some time this month, actually).

15. J3scribe

I read Gatsby many, many years ago. It's on my re-read list. Pretty sure I saw the original film too, though I don't remember it.

16. yayboobies

yayboobies ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

17. spiderswims

witches scare me

18. yayboobies

yayboobies ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

My parents went there on vacation many times and brought back a witch puppet for me last time they went. It starts to giggle insanely when you press a button. :lol:

19. spiderswims

I might try and read it before the movie comes out.
    Leo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire also. Affleck is the best though :love:

20. spiderswims

I had a clown doll when I was young that would laugh for no reason and it scared the shit out of me. My mom had to hide it in the basement at one point. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.