1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

The Attention Deficit Disorder Thread

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame' started by J3scribe, Apr 25, 2008.

?

What is your opinion of this thread?

Poll closed Jan 27, 2012.
  1. This thread rocks!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ADD is awesome!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. My life would be incomplete without it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Scribbles is a fuckin' genius for creating it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Jack is the true master of this thread!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A.tab

A.tab It was the best of times, ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun Movers & Shakers Power Poster

Tooth fairy is really sexy

2. Jack Tripper

Jack Tripper I don't know. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

The wonders of being drunk :p

3. A.tab

A.tab It was the best of times, ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun Movers & Shakers Power Poster

dont blame alchohol for being drunk:confused:

4. Ronsonol

Ronsonol iSpaz ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Are you old enough to own a spoon? Woman asked for ID when buying teaspoons in Tesco
    [​IMG]

A shopper was asked for proof of age when she tried to buy a packet of teaspoons from a supermarket.

Emma Sheppard was forbidden to buy the cutlery unless she showed identification to a shop assistant at her local Tesco.

Till operators at the store in Evesham, Worcs, wouldn't sell the pack of five teaspoons on Monday night as part of their 'Think 25' scheme, which demands ID from people who look under 25 when buying certain goods.
    Stunned: Emma Sheppard wasn't carrying ID when she was challenged in Tesco as she didn't think she would need to prove her age to buy spoons
    Emma, 21, from Malvern, had spend around £70 on a food shop with her partner John, 20, when the female checkout assistant asked her for identification, before holding up the offending teaspoons.

Emma, a housewife, said: 'When the assistant asked me for ID I thought John had sneakily put some booze in the trolley, but then when she held up a pack of spoons we looked at her like she was an idiot.

'We were both a bit taken aback really - what are you going to do with a packet of spoons that means you need ID to buy them? In this crazy world we live in, you have to be over 18 to buy teaspoons it seems.

'I'm 21, I would have understood the need to ID me if it was alcohol, but it wasn't. It was teaspoons I need to stir my cup of coffee in the morning.

'I didn't have my ID on me as I was only doing my weekly food shop and was not buying any alcohol. We couldn't get the spoons in the end, and I rather angrily threw my shopping in the trolley, breaking my eggs.

'I felt like saying "excuse me while I go on a mad rampage around Evesham with teaspoons"'.

Tesco sell teaspoons for as little as 57p for their 'Value' pack of five.
    A Tesco spokesperson said: 'Some utensils, such as knifes, will carry a 'Think 25' alert when scanned through the checkout. There is an element of common sense involved and this was a mistake, for which we are sorry.'

J3scribe and Felonious Punk like this.
  5. Felonious Punk

Felonious Punk BANNED

What the hell is that?

6. Ronsonol

Ronsonol iSpaz ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Basically, in supermarkets in England, the rule is you have to look 25 to buy stuff that you legally only need to be 18 to buy (e.g. alcohol/cigarettes/knives).

Which, to be fair, I do understand the thinking behind it, however a lot of the people who actually work on the checkouts/tills don't have the mental capacity to excersise reason, and probably think discretion is a country in Eastern Europe

7. Felonious Punk

Felonious Punk BANNED

That's common in the USA too. Some convenience stores will card anyone under the age of 35 for both cigarette and liquor sales, but I've never heard it applied to cutlery. Still... At any rate, what such policies tell me is that employers don't trust their employees to excersize common sense, probably because alot of the people employed in low paying jobs are intellectual zombies. A sad commentary on our public school system in this country.

J3scribe likes this.
  8. Jack Tripper

Radio active waves may cause your rose bushes to crave a cup of tea.

9. Jack Tripper

If you can walk from here to the far side of the world I will give you a million dollars, of course to get it you shall have to walk back here.

10. Jack Tripper

Look there, that man with the sub-machine gun is waving at you.

11. Jack Tripper

If only chickens could read road maps.

12. Jack Tripper

All green things are really brown things that are pretending to be green because they don't want you to steal their browness.

13. Jack Tripper

Only him, him, her and it are allowed access to these files.

14. Jack Tripper

Aliens have landed and just walked into the local Burger King, apparently they want the recipe for Burger King's special sauce or they will destroy our planet.

15. Jack Tripper

One of two things can happen, either the plant will stop smoking or die of steam cell cancer.

16. Jack Tripper

Things can never be what they seem to be, for if they were you would not be standing there dressed as a cowboy and holding a poster for seasonal fruits.

17. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

18. Jack Tripper

If you can successfully drive a toy car through a public park it is possible that you might possess magic.

19. Jack Tripper

Never trust a painting that blinks.

J3scribe likes this.
  20. Jack Tripper

No group of 55 red-blooded people dressed in black hooded coats can ever agree one single pizza topping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.