1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Inuk's Igloo : The Phun Random Chat Thread!

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame' started by Inuk, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

Greetings gents. :hi:

2. Merlin

Merlin Feelin' Frankensteinish... Staff Member SENIOR MODERATOR ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun Award Holder Lounge Lizard

I strung out my Firebird at about 130 and the road ended up being a lot shorter than I thought. It was still one of the best rides I will never retry.

3. Throbbn

Throbbn I'm only here for Phun! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers

hey Thore! :wavey: good to hear! I be very fine my own-self. :D

JD! :wavey: how the heck have you been? nice to see you! :D

hey Merlin! :wavey: how's life in the blog-o-shere? :beerchug:

4. JDoeson69

JDoeson69 Phun's Faux-Canadian Ten Years of Phun

Not uncommon. In 2004 when the Flames (almost) won the Cup, "Craig Conroy Day" was held here for a few years.

I've been had some ups and downs...work is going well, getting money, etc etc. Personal life has been kinda fucked up though, ranging from my girlfriend breaking up with me to me not knowing whether or not I'm going back to school in the fall...But it's whatever, it's all out of my control for now :shrug:

5. Merlin

Merlin Feelin' Frankensteinish... Staff Member SENIOR MODERATOR ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun Award Holder Lounge Lizard

Hard to keep the creative juices flowin' Other than that, not bad. Dealing with a blog of my own and co-writing one, it's hard to keep the two separate as they mainly deal with the same subject. :dunno:

6. Thore

Thore Thunder Dude ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun's Chester Cheetah

In 2002 I had my Harley up to 125........it was still pulling, but I said enough was enough.... All other high speed stuff happened well before I was 30 yo.....about 135 in a '69 Camero and between 150 and 160 on a Norton 900, bored out to 1100 cc, w/ high performance heads and set up for cafe racing....No more high speed shit for this old man anymore. ;)

Merlin likes this.
  7. 2001pm

2001pm 2+2 is on my mind...

As long as you have work and a place, the rest will sort itself out, JD. :)

JDoeson69 likes this.
  8. Throbbn

hey PM! :wavey: are you and your little buddies all good? :tup:

Scribbles in da house! :wavey: :banana:

:shock:

I don't think I've ever been more than a few miles over 100mph. sadly I earned a substantial ticket at 90plus mph once. not a pretty site. and I'd a few adult beverages prior ... luckily I didn't get DWI/DUI

9. Merlin

Thore, the Norton run had to have been like top5 best things ever!

10. JDoeson69

Hey pm, yeah that's the hope...I just want things to fall together NOW. I don't wanna wait. LOL. What's up in PM World?

Damn, the 'Gloo seems crowded tonight :p

11. 2001pm

I got the need for speed out of my system too. Now I have the "need for no tickets." ;)

Throbbn, Merlin and JDoeson69 like this.
  12. Thore

That was pretty quick for a bike back in the mid 70's.......was on a 4-lane divided highway just south of town....about 3.5 miles of pure straightness.....actually passed a county mounty parked on the side somewhat hidden.....he never attempted to come after me.

13. 2001pm

Just getting ready to go to work here. I've got a couple more minutes.

14. Merlin

He probably thought, why bother.

15. Throbbn

life is like that sometimes - well I wish you well. just hang in there until your opportunity arises - when it does make the best of it. :tup:

maybe you can figure out an optimum update schedule - maybe 2-3 times a week? Or maybe as the season heats up, there tons of subjects that pop into your mind.

go speed racer. that must have been quite a rush! :beerchug:

JDoeson69, Thore and Merlin like this.
  16. Thore

Merlin.....I got much more satisfaction from moving a little slower during dirt flat track races......now that was fun! Pitch that bad boy sideways 75 mph going into the turns. :tup:

17. JDoeson69

I have yet to get a speeding ticket! *crosses fingers* But I've got a citation for unlawful operation of an ATV to deal with...go figure the ONE park ranger in a 50 mile radius had to drive by and see our quads parked. We were apparently 20 feet past a "no motor vehicles past this point" sign that was literally 15 feet up a tree, and the asshole wouldn't let us off with a warning. Ah well, such as life. lol

18. Merlin

I just can't see throwing a bike that size into a dirt corner. Had to have been an awesome time.

19. Throbbn

I can report that full throttle on a jet ski is quite exhilarating as well. :D

20. Thore

Actually, I have been driving since 1964 and I have never receive a speeding ticket.......believe it or not, I never have been much of a speeder. I would like to put that on my headstone...:rofl:

2001pm, J3scribe and JDoeson69 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.