1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. THE MOVE OF THE PHUN FORUM TO A NEW HOSTER IS DONE. THE SEARCH INDEX IS REBUILDING, DURING WHICH SEARCHES MAY BE INCOMPLETE. THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE.
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Inuk's Igloo : The Phun Random Chat Thread!

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame' started by Inuk, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thore

Thore Thunder Dude ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun's Chester Cheetah

I have not filled my car up in over two months.......and for the past three months, have only been averaging about three gallons a week in my Harley.....

2. 5p1d3R

5p1d3R Perfect Pair Hunting ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Who is they? media?

3. Thore

For some reason, the county I live in has gas prices $0.10 per gallon higher than any surrounding county........

4. Merlin

Merlin Feelin' Frankensteinish... Staff Member SENIOR MODERATOR ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun Award Holder Lounge Lizard

Of course the media. However, looking at the numbers, they are not putting a spin on it.

5. 5p1d3R

Gas is one of the few commodities that competition colludes to fix prices at the highest price that people will pay before complaining gets to loud, as opposed to competing against each other and driving the price down closer to actual costs of production.

6. Thore

My disgust with the news media seems to be growing everyday.....

7. 5p1d3R

What are you going to do though?

8. 5p1d3R

Yep, they do blow everything out of proportion. It is almost impossible to take them seriously

9. Thore

Maybe time to visit national price stabilization controls.......

10. Thore

The oil embargo of '73-'74 was much worse.....in thee months time the price of gas went up over 300%......and, you could not get gas at times.....odd/even restrictions (tag number), ten gallon limits, 30 minute plus waits in line, no stations open on Sundays....etc. The cost is a problem, but at least we have been able to it when we want and as much as we want.

11. Merlin

Merlin Feelin' Frankensteinish... Staff Member SENIOR MODERATOR ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun Award Holder Lounge Lizard

The only problem with that is you may end up paying the same prices for products as they are in Calif. or Hawaii. Gas would be the first step and lead to other products.

12. 2001pm

2001pm 2+2 is on my mind...

Night One!

brb...

TheOne likes this.
  13. Thore

We should have addressed our entire energy issues with the oil embargo....40 years ago. Americans and our leadership (oxymoron) have grossly failed to do so.....not only is an economic factor, but also a national security factor. Wake up America....it will not be easy, but it can be done.

5p1d3R and Merlin like this.
  14. 5p1d3R

Yeah, but there was a reason for high prices in '74. Today, there is no reason except for profits. The fluctuation in price is completely arbitrary.

15. Thore

Profit is the name of the game in this country....without it and there is no economy. The government should not mess with most commodities; however, petroleum is a vital element for the national economy and security. For these reasons, a comprehensive investigation needs to be conducted to assure supply and stabilize price. I believe it is premature to limit options as to how this would be done. Obviously, there are many options and combinations of options. This needs to be done immediately

Next, a study ending in a plan to develop an integrated energy policy and program must be accomplished. All forms of energy production must be examined, evaluated, and implemented....solar, alcohol, petroleum, hydroelectric, wind, nuclear, solar directly to electricity and to fuel production (hydrogen)......research into portable, non-petroleum fuels.....etc.

There is no reason why 85% of our single family dwellings should not have photo-voltaic roof panels is an example how we can greatly reduce the dependence on fossil fuels AND create a new industry iin this country that will provide tons of jobs, both at start up and in the future.

5p1d3R likes this.
  16. Throbbn

Throbbn I'm only here for Phun! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers

Hey Phunners! :wavey:

17. Merlin

Aah, a breath of fresh air. Wassup TBone? :wavey:

18. Throbbn

the energy issue is one reason I don't confuse politicians with leaders. ;)

Merlin likes this.
  19. Thore

:hi: Throbbn

20. Throbbn

hey Merlin! :wavey: how are you? did work today?

more like HOT AIR! :lol:

I vote for babes! :dance:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.