1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. PHUN.ORG WILL BE TRANSFERRING TO A NEW HOSTER DURING THE NEXT 7 DAYS, AND SOME DISTURBANCE MAY BE EXPERIENCED. WE'LL KEEP YOU INFORMED AS DETAILS EMERGE.
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

I found a new host for small files ( up to 50MB)

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by xthEAlmightyx, May 23, 2005.

1. paco

paco

2. gwbigfoot

gwbigfoot

Here's a tutorial and screen shots in German and translated to English. The last download screen gave an error message when I translated it.

To Upload:
    1. Click "Browse" and select file to upload
    2. check mark "File to the listing take up"
    3. Click "Hochladen"

To Download:
    1. Click link in forum
    2. Under column labeled KOSTENLOS (Free), at bottom, click "Kostenlos"
    3. At next screen, down at the bottom, is the link to the file "1hr Download Link"

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. thx I'm always glad to help ;-)

take a look at the first page. youshareit sucks ;-)

4. Nihilistic_Mystic

Nihilistic_Mystic

I started using QuickFile and so far I am liking it very much. I haven't heard any feedback from downloaders (not surprisingly) regarding how the downloads are but I think it's okay.

My question is this. After I upload a file and it pops up the file link and kill link, it says:

Ihr Download-Link and Ihr Lösch-Link

Is this like RS in that you have to wait 1 hour per download or does this mean the link is only active for 1 hour? Explain if you can, thanks!

5. it means that they gave you 2 links: The "Download-link" and the "lösch-link". The download link is the link you should gave the people who want to download your file ;-) the "lösch-link" is the link you should use, if you want to delete your file

6. Nihilistic_Mystic

Nihilistic_Mystic

Alright but what about the 1hr? Will the link die in an hour or is it one download per hour?

7. BobGratton

BobGratton

I've seen that service used on another forum...and I very much think it works almost exactly like rapidshare (the qfile links were presented as mirrors to the rapidshare links).

I've downloaded a couple files from the service...I think you (as a downloader) have a limit of 50 megs to download per hour. On other hand, i dont think you have to worry about the link been dead after an hour or limited to one download an hour. Like I said pretty sure its like RS.

8. What BobGranton said is right. You have a download limit per hour (That's the 1hour you had been wondering about). I'm not sure how big it is, but i think BobGratton is right again ;-) It must be 50MB. You can be sure about what I'm posting here, because I CAN speak German ;-)
    btw your file will NEVER be deleted as long as it will be downloaded every 30 days

9. SirCumAlot

SirCumAlot

Sounds like they might be the ones to use now instead of rapidshare.

10. agree

nice find ;-)

11. freonite

freonite

How about www.megaupload.com ?

Up to 500 mb, and as far as I can see, no limit on how many people that can download it.

Sounds a lot better to me.

12. Nihilistic_Mystic

Nihilistic_Mystic

Oh wow. I'm going to give this one a try. Thanks, great find.