1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

INFO FORUM ISSUES (Cont'd)

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by J3scribe, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Fuzzopi

Fuzzopi 49ers Faithful ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

2 people like this.
  2. Ramsfan

Ramsfan Hurdy Gurdy Man ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

1 person likes this.
  3. Flippy

Flippy Las cucarachas entran, pero no pueden salir. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

1 person likes this.
  4. afspotoo

afspotoo ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I don't know if this particular issue has been brought up before and I can't really search for it since I don't know exactly what it is called (English not being my first language). But a few weeks ago some sort of script was inserted into the code of the page/all pages, so that when you clcik the Thanks button, the page starts jumping up and down and returns you to another place on the page than where you were before, sometimes to the top when you were in the middle before. And if you want to go back to the previous page you have to click the back button twice. I understand it's even worse if you use a tablet.

Is this script actually supposed to do any good? Something so good that the mods/owner cant do without it? because if not, then I suggest you get rid of it, as it is a mighty nuisance from a user's point of view.

5. Green Bastard

Green Bastard feels good man

We didn't insert any script or code. The problem is the exact opposite, actually. The "thanks" button relies and has always relied on some JavaScript to send your "thanks" in the background without loading the page. For whatever reason, that JavaScript isn't running in your case and it falls back to being just a plain link which sends the "thanks" and then reloads the page (causing that jump).

So something changed on your end a few weeks ago that is causing that JS not to run. The most likely culprit is AdBlock, but it could be something else like NoScript or anything that blocks JS. If you can't narrow down what it is, feel free to post in the Phun Tech Issues thread and I'll get you sorted out.

6. Fuzzopi

1 person likes this.
  7. Xray

Xray Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

1 person likes this.
  8. Jack Tripper

Jack Tripper I don't know. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Edited.

1 person likes this.
  9. Fuzzopi

1 person likes this.
  10. afspotoo

afspotoo ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Thanks. I'm looking at your post that you're linking to. I might disable adblock altogether, as it hardly seems to have blocked any ads! For instance I keep getting all those Jasmin popups whenever I enter the World of phun. Might have blocked some on Facebook. I'll try the suggestions. If they dont Work, I'll continue in tech thread as you suggest. However your explanation doesnt fully cover the issue, as it also turns up on ipad where I dont have adblock. Now I only use ipad when I'm not at home, so it isn't a big problem at the moment but it could be when I go on Holiday soon (Of course I have to have my phun fix when I'm away!.)

11. Green Bastard

It may not be AdBlock on the iPad, but what you're describing is exactly what happens when the JS for the thanks button can't load. AdBlock is just one of the things that could cause that. Maybe check your mobile browser settings (ex. Safari) and make sure that you don't have JS disabled. It works for me in the newest versions of Safari and Chrome on iOS7.

On the desktop, using AdBlock, you probably shouldn't get those Ads. It sounds like something is screwed up (with your AdBlock settings). On mobile, without AdBlock, yeah you'll still get those.

12. Fuzzopi

1 person likes this.
  13. afspotoo

afspotoo ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

OK. being an essentially lazy sod, I have not updated Ios as I hate having to re-enter all my e-books and music files plus several apps all over again. That I dont have the latest not really that smart update doesn't bother otherwise. There hasnt been any security issues (yet!). But I suppose there could be an explanation there.

14. Green Bastard

Updating iOS won't change anything with your documents or apps. They'll still be there. You can back it up via iTunes first as well just to be sure.

As far as security, you might not have noticed any issue, but there was a pretty bad vulnerability a while back. You should definitely be running at least 7.0.6 to be safe, but really it's best to just stay current.

Anyway, if you need further help with either the thanks button issue or getting iOS up to date, let's discuss it in either the Phun Tech Issues thread (for Phun problems) or the Tech Issues and Help thread (for general computer help). This thread is intended mostly for the moderation side of the things.

15. afspotoo

afspotoo ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

OK. Final Word for the time being. I have to correct you there. The last time that I did update, probably from 4 to 5, all personal stuff was gone.

edit:
    I should clarify this statement. Everything was still at Appstore, iTunes, and local e-booksellers, but they had to be manually re-uploaded one by one. Maybe that's the state of the art, but it's pain in the ass.

16. Fuzzopi

1 person likes this.
  17. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

18. Fuzzopi

1 person likes this.
  19. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

20. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023