1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. THE HOST TRANSFER IS COMPLETE, AND SEARCHING SEEMS TO HAVE SETTLED, BUT PLEASE DO REPORT PROBLEMS. THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE.
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Celebrity Gif's thread - (Self-made gifs only)

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by Noodle Panda, Sep 6, 2008.

1. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

We approved dumpyourphoto for the simple reason that it can accommodate large files.

However, I also suggested gfycat.com as a tool to use in case some of you would like to compress your file sizes. This 46Mb gif created by Smoopy was optimized by gfycat to be only 3Mb, without any loss of quality. :)

[​IMG]

BTW Smoop, excellent work lately. I've downloaded a lot of it. :cheers:

4 people like this.
  2. seanmckenna7

seanmckenna7 the boss ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

might be time to invest in a better com....

1 person likes this.
  3. spiderswims

spiderswims I'm too old for this shit ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Gayest Member Phun Award Holder

Alyson Hannigan:
    [​IMG]

Rachel Bilson & Cristin Milioti:
    [​IMG]

Rachel Bilson:
    [​IMG]
    Ahna O'Reilly:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Kat Dennings:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Beth Behrs:
    [​IMG]

Lauren Bittner:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Anna Faris:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12 people like this.
  4. spiderswims

spiderswims I'm too old for this shit ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Gayest Member Phun Award Holder

Crystal Reed:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11 people like this.
  5. Green Bastard

Green Bastard feels good man

A lot of people seem to be focusing on image hosts and pc specs, but the original complaint was just that the gifs are relatively big in file size which will be true on any image host and on any hardware. But, the whole quality vs file size thing is always going to be a compromise.

And, Dumpyourphoto seems great by the way.

Indeed, I certainly don't want to come off as complaining or put anybody off from making them in the future. :)

On the subject of optimization, I was thinking it might be useful if the people that make gifs share exactly how they are doing it. Maybe we can find ways to keep the high quality of the gifs and lower the file size. Or maybe we'll just stir up some more contributors. I'll even try some myself.

So, if you want to walk us through how you make yours, head over to the thread (instead of discussing here).

2 people like this.
  6. Smoopy

Smoopy Livin' the Dream! BANNED ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Jennifer Connelly - The Rocketeer

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Test using 'gyfcat' got 44Mb down to 3mb, and 40Mb down to 2Mb - That's with up to 30 seconds each of large image size Gifs...
    If you hover over the image once on the gfycat page, you will see mine are in the converted video form
    and you can click the 'icon under the red dot' to change them instantly to gif format (if needed) with some loss of quality.
    The video quality is better (which my thumbs link to), but please tell me if they load as fast as the Gifs.
    I can always link my thumbs to the 'Gif' versions.
    Thanks Scribe.

13 people like this.
  7. 01neo01

01neo01

Amazing compresion, that's what i meant.
    Thanks bro!!

1 person likes this.
  8. Kempt

Kempt ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Instant loading for me for both video and gif.

Edit: But how do you get the thumbnail codes?

1 person likes this.
  9. Smoopy

Do what I did and copy one of Scribes codes of his example ;).
    Scribe may know the direct way from 'gyfcat'.
    Once you have made your own gif in gyfcat, copy the url into where Scribes (or mine) went in both places as shown - The URLs are funny names:

For Video result:
    URL="http://gfycat.com/DirtyUnfitAiredaleterrier"]http://thumbs.[B]gfycat.com/DirtyUnfitAiredaleterrier[/B]-thumb100.jpg[/IMG[/URL

[I]For Gif result[/I]:
    URL="http://[B]gfycat.com/DirtyUnfitAiredaleterrier[/B]#?format=gif"][IMG]http://thumbs.[B]gfycat.com/DirtyUnfitAiredaleterrier[/B]-thumb100.jpg[/IMG[/URL

(I have taken off a couple of the brackets so you can see where to put the URL link into (so the above examples won't obviously work)

Take a full example from Scribe or my 'actual posts' where we used this with gyfcat.

I'm sure Scribe or someone has an easier way. Hope this helps.

1 person likes this.
  10. Green Bastard

Take a look in the original thread, I wrote a little bookmarklet that will give you the BBCode you need. But, I'm not sure if it's cool to post them that way yet or not. The last I checked we were just supposed to post a direct link (not a thumb) to the Gfycat page. If we are allowed to post the thumbs like that and you need help with the bookmarklet, just respond in that thread. :)

4 people like this.
  11. Smoopy

Yeah that bookmarklet thing http://jsfiddle.net/zytsL/embedded/result/ works well and quickly and in great quality.
    I can't see why we can't use this if the gifs are brought from 40 Mb to 2Mb and can be large and 30 seconds long - instantly.
    Do we have to wait for Mod ok? If so I will wait, since I don't want to make 3 second, thumbnail size gifs.

2 people like this.
  12. Smoopy

1 person likes this.
  13. Green Bastard

Actually, it looks like Scribe ok'd it in other thread. I didn't notice that:

Though you might want to ask if it can be used as a replacement for an approved host rather than a supplemental one.

2 people like this.
  14. seanmckenna7

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

wonder if there were any outtakes of her tits jumping out, wishfull thinking....

4 people like this.
  15. spiderswims

Cameron Diaz (Maybe BD):
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Natalie Dormer:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13 people like this.
  16. spiderswims

Gemma Arterton (made for tumblr so smaller than usual):
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Natalie Dormer:
    [​IMG]

12 people like this.
  17. Gutex0

Gutex0 ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

last 2 posts are amazing : Gemma & Natalie .

18. Smoopy

Rachel Nichols - P2

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12 people like this.
  19. BurntPopsicles

BurntPopsicles

yea id love to, on my old laptop from 4 or 5 years ago prolly, just been tight on money for a while, but its on my list of larger purchases I want but don't "need" yet lol

20. seanmckenna7

have u tried up-dating all your drivers and giving it a good spring clean, ie, ccleaner, works wonders....