1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. PHUN.ORG WILL BE TRANSFERRING TO A NEW HOSTER DURING THE NEXT 7 DAYS, AND SOME DISTURBANCE MAY BE EXPERIENCED. WE'LL KEEP YOU INFORMED AS DETAILS EMERGE.
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Blog: Life of Sophie

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame' started by SophieK81, Jul 1, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaiderCane

RaiderCane The negative one :-\ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Sophies Blog and Sports

Yes Joan Jett, oh my mom would smack me for having that name slip my mind:oops:

Sonicboom and SophieK81 like this.
  2. SophieK81

SophieK81 Like the deserts miss the rain ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Movers & Shakers Asked & Answered The girl most likely to... Phun Award Holder

Morning, last night went out (sadly couldn't get al fresco seat) but restaurant had air con
    [​IMG]
    Last night's Sea Bass is served (was so mmmmmmmm)
    as some guys say bout their cocks, it looks bigger in real life than in the picture
    i try to avoid Nouvelle Cuisine that looks beautiful, but is a tiny portion with a huge mark up!

Best mate when on holiday to Cephalonia (Island off Greece) yesaterday, they just told me its cooler there than in London!!!
    23c in Cephalonia, 31c in London.

last night went home and watched more "Ray Donovan" (i saved up all the episodes of the last season
    so i can watch when i want to) and worship Kate Moening

i also eate a big bag of salt n vinegar snacks while watching it
    tip: my lips currently feel like you've been "eating out" for a week after eating the whole bag.

Boss has just given me a load of work to do, i need to engage my brain.

More later

3. SophieK81

SophieK81 Like the deserts miss the rain ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Movers & Shakers Asked & Answered The girl most likely to... Phun Award Holder

Busy today, so this is a catch up
    Left for work at 6am, less people and time for day 2 of early breakfast
    this morning i had porridge, ok i'm not sure on porridge, but it worked,

I got a new phone yesterday and now i've figured out my new phone.
    here's the porridge
    [​IMG]

i'm sitting in my fav lunch place (featured last week)
    press shuffle on the phone and got this
    [​IMG]

now excuse me i'm going to fill my face with the mini picnic we're having
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    Merlin, Ice, RaiderCane and 2 others like this.
  4. SophieK81

This is going to get boring, but hi from London, for those of you that live in Countries that really do have heat, you may laugh at this.

But London is going slightly mad weather wise, but i've never know weather quite like this
    [​IMG] Temps at 7:00am

Larry the little fox is not enjoying the heat
    [​IMG]

I couldn't face the Underground today (difficult day yesterday) friend sent me this, it sums it up
    [​IMG]

Left early again for work, a friend drove me in (bliss), this was the view of my fav urban spaces
    [​IMG]

Yesterday, was mega busy, under a lot of work pressure and things that needed to be done for a deadline
    My boss is away, but she sent me these this morning:) but i've put them in the fridge to chill, but yes i have been filling my faceo_O
    [​IMG]

Temps by 10am
    [​IMG]

Last night had this i didn't know whether to eat or drink it:eek:
    [​IMG]

But i found the best place to sit in one of my fav bars, right under the air con
    [​IMG]

I finish work at lunchtime, after lunch i'm going to see this and its air con:)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Temps at 11:30am

I have a new phone, i just need to remember/recognise my new ringtone now:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  5. Sonicboom

Sonicboom Speed Kills ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Phun Award Holder Fastest Phunner

9:15 am here and it's 28 C .... so y'all are right there with Dallas, Tx. :) Try to stay cool :cool:

SophieK81 likes this.
  6. SophieK81

They'll calling tomorrow "Furnace Friday", temps predicted in London 35c-37c

Sonicboom and RaiderCane like this.
  7. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

Cities are particularly vulnerable to excessive heat, especially cities that weren't designed for it. Temps like that in a large metropolitan area are deceptive. Pavement, tarmac, concrete all love to absorb and radiate heat well into the twilight hours. Reflections of sunlight off glass can be unbearable. Alleys and narrow passages can become furnaces. Stay cool.

Perfect4ths and Sonicboom like this.
  8. SophieK81

Thanks you summed it up perfectly, in the countryside you have the temp and give or take (Rivers/Valleys/Hills) that's it.

Cities (especially one's that aren't build for it) suffer, plus Cities in general have micro climates.

So 35/37c added a few more degrees.

Can you tell i liked Environmental Science at school.

At home tonight (its like a oven), but currently out on the roof, if i could i'd sleep out here.

RaiderCane, Merlin and Sonicboom like this.
  9. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

I love the heat. I love it. I think I told you that I grew up in suburban Chicago during the 1960's and 70's, but I spent a lot of time in the city itself...

This is where the story gets long, so pass if you prefer....

But 40, 50+ years ago the climate was completely different. 90 degree temps weren't unheard of during the summer, but they weren't typical. Yet since I left Illinois in the early 1980's for warmer climes (Illinois is horribly cold during winter... another topic), I've seen from afar Chicago suffer from hotter and hotter summers. Heat that kills. And kills many. @Perfect4ths @AI23 @spiderswims @Ice can attest to the fact how much hotter North American cities are these days, when compared to their youth.

... so yeah, chill. :)

AI23, Perfect4ths and SophieK81 like this.
  10. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

Some how I lived without a/c through out my childhood and early teens. My parents did not beleive in window units and were too stingy to spring for central air. (although when they finally did spring for it, they wonder why they hadn't done it sooner) All I had was a fan in the window, and I survived.

I did not group up in the city of Philadelphia but the suburbs, lots of trees and shade, plus I spent summers down the shore in Sea Isle City, NJ or Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire. Both have gotten more humid, I can't say the temp as gone higher, but the humidity sure has, same at home. I will take 90F and humid over 32 and snow any day any time.

I think age plays a part, I now sweat like crazy. Pouring off my head, drenching my back and swamp butt/crotch. Not comfortable at all, and I'm sure it makes things seem hotter than they are.

Eventually it wont matter, age fucks with your body temp regulator. I know some 90 y/o gents who wear Baracuta jackets in the heat and then complain about the church a/c moments later.

J3scribe, Merlin and SophieK81 like this.
  11. SophieK81

Weird weather this year, 12 weeks back, the beast from the east now this

Today has been the worse 37c and big storm arriving tonight with months worth of rain
    falling on ground as hard as concrete

Got into work really early, didn't go out to breakfast
    said i'd make some toast at work
    the result
    [​IMG]

i don't get people forget to drink water going on the underground
    [​IMG]

here's the temps on the underground
    compared with locations and Kevin Bacon
    [​IMG]

going to get home now, its going to be mad enough in this heat
    without added rain

sorry for all the weather related stuff
    go ask me questions in my Q&A if you like
    as long as there not weather related lol

J3scribe, spiderswims, Merlin and 3 others like this.
  12. RaiderCane

Kevin Bacon is twice as hot as it is currently? Ice Cream is the hottest of all? I must be reading this wrong, forgive this American please:oops: And I've always been a weather geek, so keep it up :)

13. S-type

S-type Know when to laugh. Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

This blog is entertaining, Sophie, you should publish it sometime (a book, I mean) - do an Adrian Mole thing?

14. Big Bamboo!

Big Bamboo! Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun HERO

Kevin Bacon is 60 years old
    There are 88 keys on a piano.
    And a ice cream here in the UK is called a 99 (2 chocolate flakes) ..

[​IMG]

15. RaiderCane

Yep, I came off dumb:confused: dammit. Thanks for the info though. And that is a very clever sign fwiw.

Mmm, that ice cream looks good:yumyum:

SophieK81 likes this.
  16. SophieK81

You got it:):):)
    But I'll admit in my heat numb state it took me two goes;)

Now i want a 99:)

Morning (just) its 11:56am and I'm sitting in Kings Cross station waiting for the Hogwarts express!
    [​IMG]

No I'm actually waiting for my little (well not so little now) Cousin to arrive, we finally had rain overnight
    (a mega lot of rain) and the UK being the UK, it couldn't cope with the rain, so roads are flooded, flights are
    delayed (people sleeping in the airport), Eurostar is delayed (5 hour delays) and my Cousin's train is delayed.

I could go to the Harry Potter shop (yes there's one in the station) but its SO EXPENSIVE!!!!
    Ace selection, but you can get most of it online cheaper and no i don't want to queue and pay
    to have my photograph taken of me going through the wall to Hogwarts.

Yesterday was madness trying to get home on the Underground,
    I was born in Australia but the heat!!!
    Anymore of it and i'd be
    [​IMG]

Just as i got home, the rain arrived and it was lovely, i sat outside on the roof in my bikini
    told you i was weird, at least i didn't have the voyeur out on his roof.

Saw nothing of the Lunar Eclipse/Blood Red Moon
    But someone i know is in one of the Greek Islands they sent me this
    [​IMG]

Then bliss, in bed, window open, reading & listening to the rain falling outside (first time in 6 weeks)
    [​IMG]

So its 23c today, its sunny and it doesn't feel like a oven.

I felt like a grown up today i was listening to Class FM (classical Music)
    https://www.classicfm.com/radio/how-to-listen/listening-online/
    I know very little about Classical music but i loved it.

I'm a Renaissance Woman lol

On the Underground
    [​IMG]

Thank you so much!!!! I was thinking after "Life of Sophie" sounds a bit "Life of Brain" but i like it

I read the Adrian Mole books a bit when i was much younger.
    Being a growing girl i wanted to read the bit of him measuring his cock, mind you could
    never find it lol

Meanwhile
    [​IMG]
    Don't start me off on Brooklyn Beckham "The Photographer".

If he wasn't called Beckham & his Mum & Dad famous, would he of got the job to photograph
    Sophie or photograph a Burberry Campaign before he was 18?

I think not, i wouldn't mind but his photography is mostly crap (check out his book)
    [​IMG]
    https://petapixel.com/2017/06/27/brooklyn-beckhams-new-photo-book-getting-slammed/

My point being, i don't have a problem with any son or daughter riding
    on the coat tails of their parents (Mary McCartney is very talented in her
    own right and Beckham was a talented Footballer) but when the kid has very average talent.

Point being, i know quite a few professional photographers that would die for such opportunities.
    But they don't get it, why? they don't have famous parents.

Going to finish last two episodes of Ray Donovan S5, then its onto OITNB
    I've been parent mode, told my Cousin no drugs in the flat & def not bring guys (or girls) home.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    Ice, Merlin, Sonicboom and 3 others like this.
  17. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

Still pretty hot an muggy here, a local favorite will always cool you down. Rita's Water Ice and Custard or a Gelati.

[​IMG]

...I hope this isn't spamming your thread.

J3scribe likes this.
  18. SophieK81

Join in, its a reply:) (thanks for joining in) that looks so good, i miss Root Beer too, loved it when i was living in Oregon.
    here the big heat & Sun has been replaced by the deluge aka monsoon, but apparently the heat/sun will be back mid week

Got a hen party/Bachelorette party https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bachelorette_party
    today starting at 1pm, this is not a good idea the day before the Wedding!!! i repeat not a good idea.
    (the bride wasn't well on the original scheduled day) me and my cousin are fucking Oompa Loompa's from Willy Wonka.
    and guess we're all going on the Underground to the venue:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O plus meant to be heavy showers today, i'm going to look
    like a orange soggy stalk:confused:

Finished the last two episodes of Ray Donovan S5,(oh boy!!!) onto OITNB next week

parenting mode going well with my Cousin is going, plus she can cook:)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    Sonicboom, RaiderCane and Merlin like this.
  19. SophieK81

Ice and Merlin like this.
  20. Sonicboom

Sonicboom Speed Kills ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Phun Award Holder Fastest Phunner

:lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.