1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. PHUN.ORG WILL BE TRANSFERRING TO A NEW HOSTER DURING THE NEXT 7 DAYS, AND SOME DISTURBANCE MAY BE EXPERIENCED. WE'LL KEEP YOU INFORMED AS DETAILS EMERGE.
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

A Nature Lovers Thread....

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by bamafan, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Classyvixenart

Classyvixenart Punkdubious

This is a pic from the underside of a tree I walk past daily - it looks rather naked compared to the other blossoming trees around it. But I really love the beauty of its complicated lines and how the Bright blue sky peaks at me from overhead. Some might say this tree is ugly - so bare...and tangled in its branches.... however, I see this as proof that beauty is possible in everything.

I love its clean branches, and I love its chaotic twisted structure......it reminds me of life....and all its fantastic intricacies, simply Remarkable.

[​IMG]

2. Flippy

Flippy Las cucarachas entran, pero no pueden salir. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

the following springtime pics are taken with my cellphone camera so the quality is what it is. :p

[​IMG]

This is just the normal route i take more or less a couple of days in the week. It is something about the silence of the woods that speaks too me. I cant explain with anything else.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

It is a rather open forrest where i live so plenty of space and you can walk pretty much anywhere. We dont have too many venemous species in our fauna so if you know the surroundings its a fieldday for a naturelover.

[​IMG]

It isnt season for it this early but what you see here is what will later be blueberries. There are lots of blueberryrice almost everywhere in this parts. Off course you have to be out in time too pick em later im not the only one who loves the berries. Lingonberries is also around but not as much as the blueberries.

[​IMG]

Since i live near a forrest i might as well tell the most common trees in it. In the picture is an older oak. The further south in Sweden you get the more leaftrees you are likely too find. There are oaks and birches but the predominant trees here are pinetrees and firtrees. The dryer the soil are the more pinetrees you see.

[​IMG]

Like all countries we have problem with polution and bugs that attacks the trees but one common problem around here is when a small space gets too crowded with trees. There simply isnt enough nutrition in the soil too feed all the trees. the result is what you see in the pic above. If the government ad enough money they really should thin out the forrest a bit for a more healthy forrest.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Not too many flowers around where i walked today. But this is what i could find. Its more different shades of green in the trees that are the biggest sign of spring.

So that concludes this small collection. More too come when i find something. :)

Alpegnuen, Throbbn, bamafan and 9 others like this.
  3. Flippy

Flippy Las cucarachas entran, pero no pueden salir. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

some more for nature lovers out there.

[​IMG]

Just a picture of symbiotic life between mushrooms and trees. Normaly in cases like this both the tree and the mushroom benfit from this type of cooperation. The mushroom gets a steady flow of nutrition from the tree and the mushroom could provide defense against bugs that live of the tree.

[​IMG]

I just found it so pretty how the young tree was arched over the small road i walked on. Wind could be the reason why it has arched the way it has but me bet is that snow has added too much weight on it.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

the humble home of the normal pissant. Eventough it looks impressive the actual home of the ant is under the soil where it takes refuge during the winterseason. Its hard to tell from the pics but it was a huge activity at the top of the pile. Normaly the ant build these pile in a position so that it has the most amount of sun possible during a day.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last two pics were partly ruined by poor resolution on my phone but should show a small black beetle walking along in the grass and a small white butterfly or possibly moth sitting on a leaf on a small straw.

Alpegnuen, Throbbn, bamafan and 7 others like this.
  4. Flippy

no description or theme today just complete randomness. Which in itself also can hold a certain beauty.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Flippy

okey so a little change of scenery today. Some pics from Swedens largest lake/sea Vänern. They were somewhat spoiled due to do sun outside. It was windy outside as you can see. A few views from our recreational hideaway. Enjoy!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Flippy

some randomness to start things off.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

some flowers of various sorts. The yellow ones are kalled wormroses in swedish and are common on most people lawn. They are considered too be a weed here (not in the meaning of drugs).

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

i walked a bit longer than i usually do and ended up at Dye Grusgrop (there are no good way too translate that into english but it would be something like Dye Gravelpit). Its a place where people earlier used as a place too throw away garbage and unwanted material. Its a drop of around 30 meters which at some places are a freefall into the bottom. So its good too watch ones step here.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The final pic was the heightpoint of the day i managed to see a ordinary pidgeon/dove sitting a bit up in a tree and i managed too snap one pic of it with my camera. Normaly you only hear the birds but they are covered by branches, leaves and pines.

[​IMG]

Alpegnuen, Throbbn, J3scribe and 8 others like this.
  7. Magge

Magge Yoda no more, just a friendly alpaca lover ! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster The Alpaca Whisperer Phun Award Holder

Well, seems to be a nice mobile phone camera ....

Alpegnuen, Throbbn, J3scribe and 11 others like this.
  8. Magge

Magge Yoda no more, just a friendly alpaca lover ! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster The Alpaca Whisperer Phun Award Holder

Well, i got an answer from Sony-Ericsson ! :)
    They recommended me to install an app called "Vignette".
    Now I can zoom in up to 8 MP and got a whole bunch of other features also ! :D

9. The Cunt Factory

The Cunt Factory phundamental

Ahh ... the days one would buy a telephone for ............. phoning. :)

10. helium

helium .

11. Magge

Great pics Helium ! :D

What camera did you use for the first 3 pics ?
    ... or is that done with PS or something ?

EDIT: Got it .... Canon EOS 550D !

helium likes this.
  12. essential

essential Evil wakes in vengeance,be careful what you choose ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster

wicked new stuff guys!!! :thumbs:

13. Sabre

Sabre

I finally got my new camera a few months ago. I paid a lot for it, and I edit my pictures to look like I took them on a $50 camera :D

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

14. Flippy

a small batch of pics taken today.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Magge

I had a few minutes to spare today, so I took a few pictures. :)

16. Classyvixenart

Classyvixenart Punkdubious

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I took a walk this morning, and by the looks of it you wouldn't know I live in dirty old East L.A. would ya.

Throbbn, J3scribe, helium and 10 others like this.
  17. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

nothing special, just a quick "test" for a potential new lens

Alpegnuen, Throbbn, J3scribe and 8 others like this.
  18. The Cunt Factory

The Cunt Factory phundamental

I see you already use a 17-70mm Dx lens on your D40 ... maybe you should also consider Nikon's new AF-S 18-200mm F/3.5-5.6 DX VRII lens.
    The VRII will make up more than enough for the loss of one stop ... besides you don't need f/2.8 outdoors anyway.
    It focusses as close as 0.5 m so imo close enough for macro and gives you on a Dx format camera (crop 1.5) an effective range of 27-300mm.
    Wide enough for most landscapes and an excellent portrait lens as well.
    A very decent all rounder for about € 589. http://www.kamera-express.nl/product/nikon-af-s-18-200mm-f-3-5-5-6g-dx-vr-ii-new-ed-hb-35-zonnekap-/

;)

TheRiver likes this.
  19. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

have that in mind, actually.

have a 55-200mm nikkor already - and barely use it. looks like a decent (and affordable) "~18-~100" or similar fits my needs more.

20. helium

helium .

the sigma looks great, very sharp