1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Why can't the search no longer return EVERY result?

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by foeplay, Sep 4, 2012.

1. foeplay

foeplay ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

The old forum showed every single link, and this new version seems to have a limit on results. The ns4w form also upgraded to the new vbulletin and it's the same crap there now too.

For example under search single content type, say I run a Search Titles Only for selena gomez, i only get results from 2012 because the stupid search only returns 100 max.

This really sucks when you want to make a creep collection for a celeb you like because of this limitation.

I know the google search will return everything and more, but the results are ginormous and always a mess so its hard to know if you even are getting every single one.

Is there a search setting that I am missing? Thanks

2. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

Try this ~

Settings>General Settings>Thread Display Options>Default Thread Age Cut Off:>Show all threads

3. foeplay

foeplay ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Thanks J3scribe, that sounded like it was going to work but alas, even with chosing that I can still only get 100 results max back. Hence, a search for selena gomez yields 2012 results since she's popular. :(

Please try that search so you can see for yourself. make sure to select "search titles only". It should return hundreds of results. Thanks again for looking into this.

Edit: this setting actually worked perfectly on the ns4w forum, the selena gomez search returned nearly 500 posts so it's really weird that it wouldn't work here.

4. S-type

S-type Know when to laugh. Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

You're stuck with the 100 page search limit, but you should be able to get 12 months further back by selecting "advanced search", then opting for "Find posts > A year ago > and Older", which excludes the latest 12 months.

Further refinements of your search string, and searching thread titles only can help too!

5. foeplay

foeplay ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

blah, so guess I am limited to 200 total threads by adding the year ago and older search. Guess I'm shit outta luck then. Oh well, at least I can still go to the ns4w forum as they still show all threads ever posted for my search. thanks for the help!