1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. THE HOST TRANSFER IS COMPLETE, AND SEARCHING SEEMS TO HAVE SETTLED, BUT PLEASE DO REPORT PROBLEMS. THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE.
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

The Attention Deficit Disorder Thread

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame' started by J3scribe, Apr 25, 2008.

?

What is your opinion of this thread?

Poll closed Jan 27, 2012.
  1. This thread rocks!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ADD is awesome!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. My life would be incomplete without it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Scribbles is a fuckin' genius for creating it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Jack is the true master of this thread!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yayboobies

yayboobies ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I'm carefully tiptoeing around a possible childhood trauma.

2. Jack Tripper

Jack Tripper I don't know. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

IT WASN'T A FUCKING TRAUMA OKAY???? OKAY????? EVERYTHING IS FINE! :mad:

3. A.tab

A.tab It was the best of times, ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun Movers & Shakers Power Poster

I am not so sure, else why the tantrum?;)

4. Jack Tripper

5. A.tab

A.tab It was the best of times, ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun Movers & Shakers Power Poster

Did I interrupt, Jack:confused:

6. Jack Tripper

No, why would you have?

7. A.tab

Your smiley seemed bewildered;)

8. Jack Tripper

9. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

10. Arrowflash

Arrowflash 15 Year Member

:(

11. J3scribe

12. Arrowflash

My sister is stuck in Brasil :(

So my sister went to Brasil a few weeks back, and before departing she finds out her passport had expired, her husband was left in charge of renewing the passports of her and her daughters, but because in Brasil we get the day first before the months, unlike in US, he misread the expiration date and didn't renew it. My sister thought she would just have to renew it over there, and since she had a week and a half to be there, and the passport takes a week, she went for it, plus she didn't have much time to think about, her fly was leaving in about an hour.

She gets there, and they denied her the passport, their reason was her name didn't match, since she married and took her husband's name. She then had to postponed her fly, because she needed to get extra documents to prove she was the same person. (I guess fingerprints serve no purpose)

So her husband send a copy of their marriage certificate, and send to her, they told her they needed the original. So my brother in law finds the original and sends to my sister to get there the next day, but it takes way more that that to get there, it finally got there last yesterday, so she went to file for her passport today, and guess what? They denied her again.

My brother in law just called explaining the situation, and saying he talked to the place where you get a marriage certificate, and the person told him to print a file, that is in Portuguese, send to them so they can make another original, and then send the new papers to my sister. So he going to need my help, and hopefully those papers will be accepted.

I'm under the impression she is stateless right now in her own country.

She being crying for day one wanting to come home. She is in this small town far from everyone because the city she is in makes passports faster. She have two kids with her, one that just turned 1.

I'm really sad right now :(

13. J3scribe

My god that fucking sucks!
    :x

I HATE BUREAUCRACY! :soapbox:

14. Arrowflash

I know, she always renewed her passport over in US in the Brazilian consulate with not a single problem, I don't see why being there is different.

Plus like I say what good for is the fingerprints, it sounds like a good way to prove one is who they are.

I guess not only do they need a marriage certificate from US, but they want a Portuguese written one, they could at list have told her from start, amazing how those government workers are. :mad:

The worst part out of this is that she is with her kids over there. Her husband company got sold 1 day after she flew, so he had to cancel his fly. He might have to go there in a weekend and get the kids back, was what he told me this weekend.

I guess those people wouldn't care if the kids had to starve there.

She still has all her original documents and her birth certificate, but I guess that is not enough for them.

15. J3scribe

She should go to a US consulate for help.

16. Arrowflash

She has a visa, but not a citizenship yet, reason more bureaucracy. Long story short, she pay attorney to get citizenship papers, spend 1000s of dollars, got denied by false information, which was she had several DUI in US. The thing is, the DUIs are dated when she was 12 to 14 years of age, she not only did not have a driven license by that age (as is impossible to get), but she didn't even dream of ever setting foot in US by that age. So she has to re apply to citizenship again, and try to clear their mistakes up, meaning more money for attorneys. Since she can live here for as long as she want, as she is married and with children, she just gave up on it. So the US consulate wouldn't be much of a help here.

J3scribe likes this.
  17. yayboobies

yayboobies ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Sorry Arrow, that really sucks. I hope things get sorted for her soon.

18. Arrowflash

Me too. Something that was suppose to be a vocation transformed into a major problem, which she has to pay financially and emotionally. :(

19. yayboobies

yayboobies ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

20. Arrowflash

Cost of living also have ramped in Brasil, probably because of of their upcoming events and raise on their economy grow. My sister said everything there is way more expensive then here now. Hotel room is about the same as here.

She brought a playpen for the baby to sleep, as it cost 100 bux per night for crib there. The playpen cost there is around 400 R$(brazilian money), in US is about 40 US$, so she will sell the playpen there before she comes for 200 R$ and that will be more then enough to buy another brand new one here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.