1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. THE MOVE OF THE PHUN FORUM TO A NEW HOSTER IS DONE. THE SEARCH INDEX IS REBUILDING, DURING WHICH SEARCHES MAY BE INCOMPLETE. THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE.
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

The Attention Deficit Disorder Thread

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame' started by J3scribe, Apr 25, 2008.

?

What is your opinion of this thread?

Poll closed Jan 27, 2012.
  1. This thread rocks!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ADD is awesome!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. My life would be incomplete without it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Scribbles is a fuckin' genius for creating it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Jack is the true master of this thread!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mokkoriman

mokkoriman Cunninglinguist ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Knowing Grims (sort of), he probably got lost or distracted on his way to the kitchen... or he may have nodded off. :lol:

Don't know BSM - but I thought he has been here awhile... a little surprised he's only been here since February of this year?

2. Jack Tripper

Jack Tripper I don't know. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

He had an old account which he shut down when he "left" a few months ago...then came back with a new account....like IronSlash.

brothergrims likes this.
  3. brothergrims

brothergrims gone

im here i had to do some stuff. but now i have a question for everyone

the last question went well with all good advise i hope to have the self control to carry out and thought i would try again
    to make this thread, if only for a moment
    all about me.

over the last few years, i have noticed that ive become more and more tense, to the point i am now a fucking ball of nerves. it has a lot of factors, and not all of them real.

but i was listening to the radio during my 5 and a half hour drive, and someone was talking about dealing with worry.

he wrote a book on the subject and i was wondering if any of you had tips on giving a back seat to worry

thoughts?

4. Superior12

Superior12 On a mission from God

fuck, its about time for a new windows install, been having freezes for a while now:mad:

as for BG question, honestly and it may sound cheesy, but when im worried about something i think back to the things i enjoy doing, ie guitar, and just tell myself, no matter what happens, tomorrow ill still be able to play my guitar, but then im quite young so my responsibilities dont really compare to yours so it may be of little help

J3scribe and brothergrims like this.
  5. brothergrims

brothergrims gone

it happens, your on your way to pop a frozen dinner in and you find someone youve never met in the kitchen area, for two good reasons you find yourself engaged in a conversation with them for moments that can take a bit.

reason one, are they someone that belongs in your kitchen, do they have a good reason for being there or do they intend to kill or arrest you

reason two, what do they know and who are they generally, do they possess any recognizable skills that i might exploit or are they possibly going to cause me harm in the near future

J3scribe and Jack Tripper like this.
  6. brothergrims

brothergrims gone

wow that was pretty good advise,
    no matter what happens, i can still.....
    i mean if shit goes wrong i still have me, my skills and i can still :wank:

i like that thanks sup.

7. Jack Tripper

I suggest talking to a therapist....you're nervous for a reason, it would help to find out........anxiety is like a fever for the psyche, that's your our mind shows that there s something wrong or bothering you.....yes you can buy self-help books and crap learn all the "count to 10" and "snap a rubberband" stuff but in the long run it isn't going to solve the problem......if this has really been going on for a while I think therapy would really help you.

brothergrims likes this.
  8. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

Brits are either oversensative or spineless it seems.

9. Jack Tripper

Hmmm interesting, it has been mostly Brits who left hasn't it...I hadn't noticed that.

10. J3scribe

Well, we've still got dc, Lars, daystar and AFX hangin' in there. And brother Biscuit of course.

11. mokkoriman

mokkoriman Cunninglinguist ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hrm, to be honest I've never had to worry too much in my life - I think the only time I've had to "really" worry is when I was just out of college, struggling as an editor and looking for work. That was a pretty rough time - skipping out on rent every other month, relying on friends for meals...

but I think as I got older and, become more confident and experienced in the ways of the world, I don't worry much anymore because I've learned that worrying isn't going to solve anything and if anything, makes you counterproductive. So nowadays, I worry about stuff for a minute and then, if I can do something about it, I do - if I can't, I just let it slide off and forget about it. Easy come, easy go, right?

Not too helpful bg, I know :shrug:

Back to the grill and the game for a bit...

brothergrims and Jack Tripper like this.
  12. brothergrims

brothergrims gone

conversation while sort of sliding down a hill becouse it was too steep to actully not slide in a 4x4 pickup like this one.

http://www.4x4offroads.com/image-files/2001-olympic-white-chevy-silverado-trucknstuff-027.jpg

me: were kinda sliding, this one is a bit steep eh?
    driver: naa its not bad, this is a gas pipeline road, i cut it with my dozer a few months back when i had to fix the well head at the top of the hill i showed you, i got paid for this road, i used my dozer with the winch you saw in the front yard to pull that tractor tailer with the flatbed loaded with pipe up it so that we had supplies.
    me: wow that trailer is like 50 feet or so how did you turn around?
    driver:drug it up backward
    me: so then to get it down someone just steers while the dozer lowers it back?
    (keep in mind we are still sliding sort of sideways and only about half way down the hill)
    driver: no i drove it. it was pretty muddy from the snow melt off, i do that sort of shit all the time.
    me: wow, (startled at his skillz in this pickup) well that makes me feel a little less im going to die.
    driver:wanna come work with me down here, youll get used to this shit really quick.
    me: dont play with my emotions like this......... dont tease me baby.
    diver: anytime you want. just come on down.
    me: (thinking to self... .i want!)

Jack Tripper likes this.
  13. J3scribe

And gap, but he's Irish. Is sid still around?

14. Jack Tripper

That's a very healthy attitude.....wish I could be more like that.

15. Superior12

glad i could help a little

i dont know if theres anything anybody could say to make me leave, maybe if i felt i was universally hated there wouldnt be any reason to stay, but it seems like many leave because of a few people they dont like

16. Jack Tripper

Yeah, Sid's around, but he barely posts.

17. brothergrims

brothergrims gone

they are odd, they love love love sarcasm as a whole and a rule,
    as long as they are the ones being sarcastic, turn it on them with any wit and they get pissed as hell
    i mean no generalization, i intend only to mean the ones we have generically chosen to discuss at this time.

J3scribe likes this.
  18. Superior12

thats good advice

what are you grilling by the way?

i think i saw sid posting in the last couple days

brothergrims likes this.
  19. Jack Tripper

I get sick of this place from time to time and people's attitudes here....but it usually passes.

20. brothergrims

brothergrims gone

interesting, i will say its my extremely pessimistic attitude on life that drives my imagination and that creates false realities that cause me to worry. so then mr therapist, thoughts.

very good thoughts here thank you.

not sure if he is, he hangs in the creative and refuses anymore to come to the general more or less.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.