1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. PHUN.ORG WILL BE TRANSFERRING TO A NEW HOSTER DURING THE NEXT 7 DAYS, AND SOME DISTURBANCE MAY BE EXPERIENCED. WE'LL KEEP YOU INFORMED AS DETAILS EMERGE.
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion re: Event Pics (i.e. Golden Globe awards)

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by Cowardly Douche, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Cowardly Douche

Cowardly Douche Hotbabeologist, Ph.D

It says "Post here if you have some suggestions about the website" so I hope I'm posting this is the right place.

And this is merely a suggestion, not a complaint, cuz it's all good either way.

I notice all of the great Golden Globe award posts and wonder if it wouldn't make for a cleaner forum if when there's a major event like that taking place that there's one single stickied(?) post where all the pics could go?

Right now there are roughly 90 seperate posts for this event including arrivals, the actual event and the after party pics scattered over the first several pages of the celebrity forum. I just think it might make the forum look neater if all the pics for the event accumulated in a single post. When adding pics to that post, the title bar when replying could still be used for the name of the celeb and description (arrival, after party, etc.) so the search still picks it up.

People (like me) who like the event posts would benefit by being able to see all of them in one place (instead of scattered around) and those who don't care for those types of posts would also benefit from having them segregated.

Just a thought. Like I said, it's just a suggestion. Either way it's all good. :D

2. JayHoo

JayHoo Etpäs ymmärrä ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

single post would cause annoyance for updatin new pics. also its stupid

3. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

Many different guys post pics of different girls that they obtain. A great effort is put in to upload these and then post them and I think each derserves its own thread.

If you search golden globes '08 all the posts pertaining to that will appear on the one page. I see where your coming from but it is also easier to search individual celebs. Miley interests me Sarandon doesn't - My point being I wouldn't want to trawl trough a whole thread of hundreds of pics to find my fav.

My Two cents (euro)

di canio and JayHoo like this.
  4. Cowardly Douche

Thanks for the feedback.

I think the "search this thread" function addresses both of your concerns.

And I agree with you completely about the great effort by the posters, that's why I think they deserve a sticky post instead of getting shoved off the front page every time a new batch comes in.

5. Kieks

Kieks Getting away with it, all messed up. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Original Phun Crew

We've had this brought up before, and for the reasons outlined above we like keping them seperate. Plus, it'd take an eternity for the thread to load all the pics and someone might only be interested in seeing one particular celeb. These big events don't come around too often so it's no real issue.

Cheers for the input.

6. haydaddict

haydaddict Smiley King ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

This could onlt work if we had sub forum in the sub forum..
    Example

Celeb Section:
    ----> 66th Annual Golden Globe Awards:
    1. Brittany Snow - (brunette) at Warner Bros Studios Golden Globes after party - Jan 11
    2. Lacey Chabert Awesome Cleavage @ InStyle/Warner Bros. Golden Globe Party 1-11 7XHQ
    3. Emmy Rossum -66th Golden Globes Reception 3x MQ
    4. Sarah Chalke - InStyle/WB Golden Globes after-party - Jan 11

But i dont know if this is possible...

7. JayHoo

why does it matter where they are posted? too much hassle here nowadays.

8. haydaddict

haydaddict Smiley King ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

I just wanted to say this...it doesnt bother me where they are posted...

9. JayHoo

okey dokey

10. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

Well Jay I think I can speak for all of us when I says how appreciated all the stuff you post is. You and others of course, make phun a must go to place if there has been a big event. If there is a pic I want to see of a particular celeb you can be sure either you or one of the likes of Salty or Keiks or others will post it.

I says leave as is and keep up the good work!!!!

JayHoo likes this.
  11. Cowardly Douche

You're right. A sub-forum or seperate forum for event pics has worked well on other sites too (i.e. celebutopia) and would eliminate the problem Kieks mentioned about page loading.

Gaphugs, you keep bringing it up but no one is disputing how much the pics are appreciated. From what I've observed so far, Jayhoo is the top poster on the celeb board without question. I love seeing all the pics he posts.

It's merely a suggestion that might help the board look more organized and even help to showcase those major event-type pics.

Either way, it's all good as long as we get to see the great pics that Jayhoo posts. :)

12. Inuk

Inuk insert witty comment here ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

I don't care for that idea. the celebrity section is alright the way it's going right now imo.

like some said, if they were in on thread they would take forever to load.

13. Noodle Panda

Noodle Panda ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

It's a sensible idea for sure but i think too much messing with the recipe of phun isn't. I like things the way they run now. Besides, we don't get so many of those events per year. And i'm sure it would only be a matter of time before more and more minor events got nominated into tht catergory wich would just make for more work for users and mods to sort out.

14. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

yep, phun would be too filtered then. nice idea but other forums have too many sub forums, things get lost and people lose interest.

15. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

I'm not suggesting there is a dispute, all I have done is express my opinion as did you. You asked for opinions in your OP and that is all i have given.