1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. PHUN.ORG WILL BE TRANSFERRING TO A NEW HOSTER DURING THE NEXT 7 DAYS, AND SOME DISTURBANCE MAY BE EXPERIENCED. WE'LL KEEP YOU INFORMED AS DETAILS EMERGE.
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

More than 10 posts per page?

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by Saqq, May 19, 2008.

1. Saqq

Saqq

Any way to enable more than 10 posts per page? 40 would be sweet ;)

2. Jetstream

Jetstream Goodnight Julia

Yeah, most forums do allow this simple function. Can't imagine why we don't have the option enabled here.

Ten posts per page would be a pain, but the default of 15 here is something I suppose I have gotten used to. More would be ideal in the particular forum I frequent (General Spam), but in the Model/Celebrity/Vid sections, a thread would be lucky to survive two days tops, and it usually doesn't get past page two in terms of replies before it becomes buried by the influx of newer ones.

Best to be grateful for the simple things.

3. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

i may be wrong, but i think it´s about ammount of posts in a thread per page?!

i prefer to klick on "next page" to see next posts with a reasonable page-load-time. but hence there´s an option in "UserCP -> Edit Options -> Thread Display Options -> Number of Posts to Show Per Page there appears a way to change the default 15 posts. someone just needs to enable that.

4. Noodle Panda

Noodle Panda ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

if loads of folks have gifs in their sigs then it might cause a slow down too.

tbh honest. its a super lazy request. who doesnt have the energy to click next page??

5. breabauer24

breabauer24

yeah it will take a longer time for the page to load =/

6. GlassD

GlassD

It's more irritating than anything, and it's very easy to lose track of conversations. It's also easier to backtrack for info, quotes, pictures etc.

I think this would be a simple, yet very good addition if the option was enabled. It's pretty much the first option I change when I join up to a forum. usually up to 40 ppp, 50 if allowed. If members internet connections can't handle it then they can stay at 10/15 :)

EDIT: If it slows the servers down a lot then I understand why it's not a standard option.