1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

I need your feedback on a poster I'm making [NS, please]

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by JDoeson69, Dec 19, 2011.

1. JDoeson69

JDoeson69 Phun's Faux-Canadian Ten Years of Phun

Hey guys! I'm making a poster and I'd like your feedback! It's a poster for the band "Brand New", one of my favorite bands ever. I couldn't find any posters I liked, so I decided to make my own:

[this is 20% the size of the full image...didn't figure you'd want to see a 7920*5280 image...:p It will be printed on 36*24" paper]
    [​IMG]

The images are the various album art covers from their discography. It seems like it's missing, I'm just not sure what. If any of the photoshop wizards here could offer some feedback, that'd be awesome!

Cy likes this.
  2. TheOne

TheOne The President ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

it's missing a sexy woman holding one of the covers

JDoeson69 likes this.
  3. JDoeson69

Haha. I want this poster to be 150% safe for work.....so, no sexy ladies :-(

4. Kaleidoscope

Kaleidoscope Life Rocks!

The layout is interesting but it should have a song quote that tells an unknowing viewer what the band is about.

5. TheOne

TheOne The President ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

alright, then maybe some flowing music notes (maybe real ones from a hit) and possibly some music instruments

6. -=murphy=-

-=murphy=-

I would try to put the cd covers in a picture like this.
    [​IMG]
    And u could write the name of the band on the wall, as if is a sale announce.

7. JDoeson69

If any of the creative minds of Phun want to have a go at designing it on their own, keeping the basic theme in tact please, here are the pics I used:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The image will be printed on 36*24 paper, so it needs to be pretty high-res....I'm working on a 7920*5280 canvas (200 dpi I believe?).

8. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

I think your layout is okay. It appears to be a perfectly solid promotional poster put out by the record label. What it lacks is interesting album art in the first place (aside from the floating astronaut), but there's nothing you can do about that. I assume you're going to frame the poster? Either way, I'd add a slim border to it.

JDoeson69 likes this.
  9. JDoeson69

Here's an updated version:

[​IMG]

J3scribe and Cy like this.
  10. Merlin

Merlin Feelin' Frankensteinish... Staff Member SENIOR MODERATOR ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun Award Holder Lounge Lizard

Great work JD! Just a suggestion though, is there way to bring the band name in the background into the foreground in either opaque or shadow, isn't that like layering? I just think the band name should pop and it almost seems secondary. Are you getting what I mean?

11. Cy

Cy X-No-Archive ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

I like it.

JDoeson69 likes this.
  12. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

13. robo99

robo99 passing thru ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Never having heard of the band I would say there is nothing signifying it is actually a band, and not a floor wax or breakfast cereal. Having a guitar and printed words "brand new" so not convey the message.

You are attempting to convey the band in a photo. Find the elements of the band, 2-3-4 things and convey. The city they are in; the type of music they play; a shot of the band in a studio. The CD cover conveying them the best is the only CD I would use, not more than one.

Good luck!

JDoeson69 likes this.