1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. PHUN.ORG WILL BE TRANSFERRING TO A NEW HOSTER DURING THE NEXT 7 DAYS, AND SOME DISTURBANCE MAY BE EXPERIENCED. WE'LL KEEP YOU INFORMED AS DETAILS EMERGE.
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Getting spammed by the forum

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by PhunSeeker, Nov 20, 2009.

1. PhunSeeker

PhunSeeker

Dunno whats going on but as of today i am receiving tons of notification mails from so called new posts. But the posts in the mail refer to post that were made weeks or even months ago. Mails just keeps pouring in :confused:

I simply asume some bug is haunting the forums, but maybe someone can look into it.

2. Salty Longshanks

Salty Longshanks Using my third arm

You're not the only one PS, and it's being checked into. ;)

3. jolebole

jolebole

Got at least 60 emails today...they are still coming...

4. Salty Longshanks

Salty Longshanks Using my third arm

Patience grasshopper.

The situation shall be remedied in time. ;)

5. Noodle Panda

Noodle Panda ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

6. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

I have sent an email off to our Hoster, as soon as I get an answer I will pass it on to all of you.

7. PhunSeeker

PhunSeeker

Its not a horrible ordeal really, since its comming from one of my favorite sites ;)

But i guess i would become annoying in the long run, since 60+ mails a day is kinda overdone lol :|

8. danifan

danifan

Only 60? your lucky ive had 500+ so far :spam2:

9. PhunSeeker

PhunSeeker

I admit that i dont post that much, which leads to less subscriptions. And the less subsciptions, i asume the less spamm.

10. TheOne

TheOne The President ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

only 60? I just got 286!
    I thought holy shit, things must really have gone totally wild during these few hours I've been gone... ;)

11. TheOne

Though it helps to have changed my name, all the excess mails are addressed to "dear cupofcoffee00" or at least most of them! so it is quite easy for me to sort them out!

12. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

Hi,

the problem happened on the server forum7.phun.

That server has two different MTA (Mail Transport Agent) installed: postfix and sendmail.

We use only postfix, but someone stopped it and started sendmail instead.

Sendmail was used in the past and it's mail queue was full, so when it was enabled it started sending old messages from the queue.

I have reverted this changed so we are running postfix now and I removed sendmail to make sure it won't happened again.

Support Department
    Reality Check Network

Magge, u40304119 and irish-sid like this.
  13. PhunSeeker

PhunSeeker

Well, good the problem is solved, and good to see bugreports in action :)

14. TheOne

I said I got 286, but I have now realized that then numbers were 3965!

Anyone that can beat that? :)