1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. PHUN.ORG WILL BE TRANSFERRING TO A NEW HOSTER DURING THE NEXT 7 DAYS, AND SOME DISTURBANCE MAY BE EXPERIENCED. WE'LL KEEP YOU INFORMED AS DETAILS EMERGE.
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Cooler vs Bans idea

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by Noodle Panda, May 3, 2009.

1. Noodle Panda

Noodle Panda ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

I don't know if this is possible but i was just flicking through the channels and My Name is Earl was on, the episode where he gets in the cooler in prison alongside the nutter that wants to get him.

Anyway. We all know members get short bans and come back again so would it be possible with the VB system to call short bans (a few days, a week or two) "In the Cooler" rather than banned. This would show that a member is being given time to cool his head rather than being shown as banned. I think it would be a nicer way to say to the guy "you've broken a rule, here's a few days in the cooler"

I thought of this for sid and his amazing ability to get himself in trouble whilst drunk ;)

Just an idea to customise phun more than other, similar boards.

2. donkey

donkey

sounds like a good idea to me

Noodle Panda likes this.
  3. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

cool idea. and lol at my reference!! :D

4. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

technically:
    there is some kind of "infraction system" implemented in vbulletin.
    you can link certain "violations" to certain levels (and length) of infractions.

set up and maintanance would be damn work-intensitive.

5. JayHoo

JayHoo Etpäs ymmärrä ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

some time ago there was a prison mod for vb.

6. brothergrims

brothergrims gone

i would like to say i think if thats the case - the mods work hard enough around here, they dont need to have more heaped on.
    in my very humble opinion.

7. Noodle Panda

Noodle Panda ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

I didn't mean actual work. I was meaning more along the lines of an automatic function if a member was abnned for say anything under a week then the line under his name would say "Cooling off" or something.

It was just an idea i had to lighten up short bans for sillyness. Thanks for the infro anyhow lads.

And lol at VB prison mod.

8. Redwing1

Redwing1 LOW LIFE ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Lol @ the Sid reference .....

9. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

At the end of the day it all means the same thing - if your banned your banned. It is a nice idea, but it wouldn't make much diff - IMO

10. Kieks

Kieks Getting away with it, all messed up. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Original Phun Crew

I agree.