1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. PHUN.ORG WILL BE TRANSFERRING TO A NEW HOSTER DURING THE NEXT 7 DAYS, AND SOME DISTURBANCE MAY BE EXPERIENCED. WE'LL KEEP YOU INFORMED AS DETAILS EMERGE.
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else using Opera and having issues?

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by cheesehead, May 26, 2005.

1. cheesehead

cheesehead

Seems like I started having issues yesterday on here. Everything is normal until I try to open a thread. I get the header and the ad's but then it just hangs. It has a request to srs.targetpoint.com. Anyone else using opera on here and having issues? IE and FF work fine.

2. SirCumAlot

SirCumAlot

I don't use Opera. But did you just install this version of the software? Does it work okay on other forums or sites?

3. cheesehead

cheesehead

No I've been running this version for a couple of months now. It's been set to emulate IE but I also tried Opera emulation as well as Mozilla emulation. Seems to work fine on other sites. I'm just wondering if it has something to do with a particular ad. It worked fine when the ad's first showed up in the threads but all of a sudden yesterday it just paints the page up to the ad's then just hangs

At first I just thought it had something to do with one of the picture hosts but even if I try to view this thread it hangs right at the point where the ads come up

4. kozak

kozak

I have the same problem :( I hate IE, it's much much slower etc... but now I must use this sh*t if I wanted to open this great forum... Why this is happen... ?!

5. SirCumAlot

SirCumAlot

Not sure then. I guess you could try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. Not sure if that would matter really though.

6. Contributing Member

Contributing Member

I know it's not the perfect solution, but try to disable Java & Javascript.

7. hungerforce

hungerforce BANNED

[​IMG]

8. artur_poland

artur_poland

Im using netscape 8.0 and its excelent

9. hungerforce

hungerforce BANNED

well we are not talking about netscape having a problem are we?

10. cheesehead

cheesehead

Easy now hungerforce. Yeah I changed to using firefox but I like the way opera works better. Taking some getting used to on firefox. Just curious are you using Opera 7 or 8 Beta?

11. daxie

daxie

i use maxthon, a lightweight browser, and the same thing happens

also when i type in a field, it hangs for a sec and then starts workin again

12. seVVVen

seVVVen

edit: nm

13. Silver

Silver

I have the same problem, not changed any settings or something like that. Using IE :(

14. hanswurst

hanswurst

I have the same problem using opera 8.

the guys from targetpoint.com should take some lessons in html coding...

15. freonite

freonite

This issue is because of bogus javascripting!

I've checked the opera support forums, and they explained the problem there. It turns out that a few webpages have some sort of bad stuff in their javascripted ads or sumthin. If you check www.torrentspy.com and www.demonoid.com you'll see the same problem with opera. A short term solution is of course to turn off javascripts in opera.

However, this is very irritating and should not be necessary.

So, please phun admins - get your (or targetpoint's, or whatever) javascripts up to speed!

16. Jmaz

Jmaz

Thanks for shedding light on that; thought I was the only one.